amazon puffers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amazon puffers

i got 2 amazon puffers from dan the other day and they are suppose to be peaceful fish. i put them in my community tank and one starts to attack everyone, even fish bigger then it. so i put it in my flowerhorn tank for a bit and scared the crap out of it. now it is more friendly when i put it back in the community tank, but i think he would start attacking again. why is my puffer so mean?

What size tank are they in? Maybe this can help you: http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fres...azonPuffer.php

Good Luck!
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

I got some of the same puffers from Dan the other day and they are in a 50 gallon with smaller puffers (other SA Puffers, pea puffers) and guppies. I haven't seen the aggression you are seeing, but mine are in a heavily planted tank. I've read that this type of puffer needs a lot of decor or they tend to get bored.

Is he attacking all the time, or mainly during feeding time? Do you have a lot of decor in the tank?
      Our Fishhouse
      Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
        I got some of the same puffers from Dan the other day and they are in a 50 gallon with smaller puffers (other SA Puffers, pea puffers) and guppies. I haven't seen the aggression you are seeing, but mine are in a heavily planted tank. I've read that this type of puffer needs a lot of decor or they tend to get bored.

Is he attacking all the time, or mainly during feeding time? Do you have a lot of decor in the tank?
        i have plants and decor plenty of space to hide and swim around. he is not as aggressive as before so thats a plus.

Comment

Working...
        X