New to Puffers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Puffers

Hey all. I'm more of a cichlid guy, but I want to get a puffer at some point. I was curious if some people could give me some good websites that provide guides or some of the basics for keeping a puffer fish. I don't know crap about them! but I want to! lol. Any help would be great.

holy CRAP I'm stupid..I'm SO sorry! I didnt even SEE those stickys at the top until AFTER I posted this. I feel like a moron. forgive me.

Comment

The stickies that edmlfc posted only have the types of puffers, their max size, and the tank size they should have. Plus pictures. The puffer forum (click here) would be the place to go if you have questions. Or just ask edmlc (the Puffer queen on the Box and she's also a member of the puffer forum), fishlady, or imagirlgeek. They're the experts. Btw I do not nor have not owned a puffer. Just giving out information.

<darts back into cave and disappears>
      -Laura-

Comment

Here's a great place to find more information on puffers (pufferpedia):

Just click on which kind you want, fw, bw or sw, it gives you all the specifics. I put the post here for basics but I'm still working on getting more information entered. Hope this helps.
        A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

great, thank you

Comment

akfa, are you thinking freshwater or saltwater?
            Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
            Alexa Rae
            Co-President of CAK
            MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by alexarae View Post
              akfa, are you thinking freshwater or saltwater?

I want a freshwater, and I only want something small, like a ten gallon, so maybe a dwarf puffer or two. I have a 55g for my cichlids, and don't have room for another big tank so I just wanna have one or two happy little guys.

Comment

You can get 3 dwarf puffers. 1m/2f.
                The way you can tell if it's a male dwarf will have a line going from his chin to his tail fin right down the middle of his belley. He will also have yellow circles around his eyes. The females won't have these features. Heres a post in the puffer forum that shows a picture of a male and a female to give you an idea.

A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

Working...
                X