Ever thought of opening a fish store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever thought of opening a fish store?

I been thinking about this for about 4 years now. I told myself by the end of next year I will make sure I have enough funds to do this. I even had some people tell me they would invest. Good thing I have my wife to work for me for free .

Anyone else in the same boat?

This coulld get you started :)

Comment

thats a beginning you would have to hook up with distributors of live and dry products know how to take care of just about every type of fish (not a problem for alot of people on here) and keep up with the daily grind of cleaning a bunch of tanks keeping shelves stock with products people would buy and try to keep healthy fish then try to make a profit on the whole deal . ive thought about it but thats alot of work and id probably end up hating fish. but if you open one id stop by and check it out.
      25g - Reef
      3.5g - Surge Tank
      10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

i think about this every day.
        fishless

Comment

They say, the only true way to be happy, is to do something you enjoy for a living.

I wish you all the best sir...

CF
          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Location, location, location. I did that mistake of opening a bar. Every foody thinks they can run a restaurant, and ever drunk thinks they can own a bar. It was alot of work, I hated it. Fish store might not be as much work and enjoyable work at that. Gotta find a good location, there is no point in running a business if it can't be profitable, and rent is always the biggest overhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
              I been thinking about this for about 4 years now. I told myself by the end of next year I will make sure I have enough funds to do this. I even had some people tell me they would invest. Good thing I have my wife to work for me for free .

Anyone else in the same boat?
              east houston lack a quality pet store

Comment

I bet rents are cheaper over there compare to some other areas too.
                Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

yeap... anything east of 610 along the I-10 corridor would be great.

Comment

Katy is also in need of a quality fish store. The only things anywhere close to me are the big box stores, which I hate.
                    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Katy's in need, but rents are high over here :(
                      Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

North East Houston would be a good location. Somewhere between the beltway and 610 on 59.

Comment

Galveston is rebuilding and I bet Alexa can point you to a good location.

"If you build it they will come"
                          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Yes, rent in east houston is cheaper.

Comment

+1 for katy there isnt a single LFS in katy only petsmart and petco ...yuk
                              25g - Reef
                              3.5g - Surge Tank
                              10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Working...
                              X