getting ready for new kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks.....
    i had to put a piece of filter media in the chamber that the bio balls go in....it was really loud with that water coming into it and nothing to soften the sound.....it's not so bad now...but i think i will put some sponges in there or get those bio balls back from you and add a few so it softens the sound of the water coming into the sump.....

Comment

I heard you stole her rock out of the truck.
      That's gonna cost you.
      A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

I don't know what your talking about....

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

)

Comment

Good luck with him. Puffers are great!
            Karen

Comment

Amazing things at my house....setting up the new SW tank has brought about new and amazing things at my house now.....i now have awsome precious little life forms in my tank already....and they are simply amazing....maybe not to some but to me they are....so here they are...

itty bitty starfish.....

itty bitty starfish and a bumble bee snail...

on another note...i fed RA an earthworm...the pictures aren't great but you get the jest of it...i was so amazed and excited that i couldn't stop shaking so the pics are crap but he's sooooo cute....

Comment

You really should try to put a little feeling into you hobby you know....

those little star fish are so tiny....and the snail looks pretty nice too....

thanks for sharing the pictures of your new tank and RA having dinner, it's always a treat to see your kids.

CF
                Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Aren't they awesome. I swear the little critters are just as fun as fish. I love finding new critters.
                  A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

they are amazing....i sat on a step ladder in front of that tank for over an hour last night watching them move around......the snail even rolled over a little star fish....i was like....hey....watch where your traveling there little buddy.....you could hurt someone....)

Comment

Looks great, the little critters will certainly be well cared for. Would you like to adopt me?
                      Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Awesome!

The little stars are asterinas... pretty cool looking things.

bit of advice... if you plan on running it full salt I would ditch the bio-balls, they have a nasty habit of contributing to the nitrate problem in a sw tank. Probably move that skimmer to hang off the sump if you have room or get with delock, there was a PM HOT skimmer there and he sells everything there dirt cheap.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

well, do you have cute moments as my fishies do?...how many water changes will you require?....that may be the thing that determines if i would adopt you or not ......

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                            Awesome!

The little stars are asterinas... pretty cool looking things.

bit of advice... if you plan on running it full salt I would ditch the bio-balls, they have a nasty habit of contributing to the nitrate problem in a sw tank. Probably move that skimmer to hang off the sump if you have room or get with delock, there was a PM HOT skimmer there and he sells everything there dirt cheap.

i don't have any bio balls in my sump.....and the skimmer is too big to hang on the sump so i had to hang it on the back....but i like the job it's doing.....why can't it hang on the back of the tank?....

Comment

Not saying you can't but it would be less clutter hanging off the tank and less equipment taking up space in the tank.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

oh....well that would be nice....but it's a very nice skimmer and my friend Lissa let me use it on there....."no charge"....so that's a price hard to beat.....).....
                                but thank you for the input about the little stars....they are so amazing....i still can't get over how they move around.....this morning one was stuck to the front glass....it was just breathtaking for me to watch them.....

Comment

Working...
                                X