No announcement yet.

best valentine's gift from wify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks mark, they are stunning (to me at least), the blues and some reds in their fins are awesome, they also really know how to beg for food, the more i give them the more they beg, i thought when you get discus they hide for a few days, this group is always in the front middle of the tank begging for food and gobbling it up, i think i overfed them today!! oops, good thing i'll be at work tomorrow
    65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
    55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
    30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

they look really good, and the tank is awesome as well. good luck with them. ps...make sure you stay on top of the water changes. I do mine like 40% every 3-4 days and mine will actually eat right out of my hands. but if I go longer than 5days without a water change, they will all clump together and turn a dark color (as if they were mad me!!!).
      250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

thanks newb, i hope to do regular water changes

on another note, i have a couple of questions for the discus xperts here:

(1) it looks like the "stress" bars on my fish have faded away on most of them, with some more than others, i have read that stress bars will come and go not only based on stress but many other mood factors, just wanted to make sure the fading of the stress bars is not a bad thing because they had very distinct stress bars when i bought them

(2) this morning when i was feeding them, i noticed one of the discus has become dominant and was not allowing the others to eat, is this common? they all hang out/roam the tank together, but when i was feeding, he (assuming "he") was chasing the others away, how do i make sure everyone gets their share?
        65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
        55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
        30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

Working...
        X