No announcement yet.

Puffer Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had a talk with RA last night ......i told him how much i wanted to be a good puffer mom.....and that i can't give into his begging any longer......i will digress from feeding him daily....and i'll do as i'm supposed to .....
    thanks for assuring me that it's for his benefit that i resist those eyes......
    i love him too much to want to hurt him.....and i totally agree about the growing thing.....he's getting bigger .....it amazes me alot...just how much he's grown....

Comment

Homer sounds awesome. I've been feeding this fish everyday for a month with frozen bloodworms since I bough it from Walmart. I even cured ick, with a little pilfering from the shelves. It is well and happy in my care, sucks for the sibblings.

I am willing to feed it whatever. My angelfish love frozen bloodworm, freeze dried, anything in front of them. So I can feed the bloodworm to the angels and the corys. But little spot seems too good for frozen food. It loves the kill of live food. It loves snails. There is a pond behind my work that I can feed it snails forever. Those ponds can be cesspools for bacteria and I am now capturing them and storing them in a glass jar (2 gal. water vase) for a week before Mr. Puff grubs down.

I know this fish is a hunter. I bought a group of dwarf crawfish at the HAS christmas party. I still have quite a few in a planted tetra and male betta tank. But once I bought that spotted puffer, it lunched 3 crawfish in 2 days.

Any kind of live food I can raise live now will be good, like some sort of black worm. Frozen shrimp, whatever. If it gets hungry enough I am sure it's brain will remind it that frozen bloodworm is delicious.

Comment

Working...
      X