Moonlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonlights

Tonight my wife put together some moonlights for our discus tank. Looks good. Pics with the tank to come.

Karen

details?

What are they made of?
    Thanks,
    AndrewH

"If people would focus on the important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Planted 33 gallon
    Planted 55 gallon
    Planted 90 gallon

Comment

Unfortunately I'm a non technical kind of person, but I believe she said LEDs, scotch connectors? and resisters and of course the plug. She also said something abou the scotch (sp) connectors not working very well so she might end up sodering it together. After that she plans on putting it in some kind of pvc tube or something with holes drilled so the lights stay pointed down.
      Karen

Comment

I made some moonlights from Scotch connectors and LEDs you have to have the right resitors for the power supply you are using. Sold one at the GHAC auction. The Sotch connectors are not the best.
        Richard Douglas

Comment

Where can i buy those LED's from?

Comment

We actually got them a couple years back from Marsh so I'm not sure.
            Karen

Comment

Would LED xmas lights work....or are they not bright enough?

Comment

We've actually used regular Christmas lights and it worked just fine.
                Karen

Comment

Thanks the Karens

Comment

I bought a nice set of moonlights off ebay from digikits.com They are exceptional. I have mine connected to an auto-timer and have them come on in the early morning and from 10pm to midnite every day.
                    180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Comment

Any chance we can see a picture of the xmas light led moonlights on the tank?

Also anyone know if the LEDs would be bad in respects to promoting algae growth (my planted tank starts producing algae if I leave the lights on more than 9 hours a day, so it limits my fish viewing time... but moonlights would be cool for eveing time after I turn off the lights if they wont promote alage growth).

Thanks

Comment

We're not using Christmas lights any more and don't have a planted tank. Maybe someone else will have some input.
                        Karen

Comment

There are LED xmas lights that work as well.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Ihave a bunch of blue LED's. If anyone is interseted pm me
                            Richard Douglas

Comment

how many lights u got? an how much?
                              210 gallon ~ S/A, C/A build; jaguar, dovii, flowerhorn, gold doviI, 2 red devils, pacu, shovel nose cat
                              125 gallon long ~ African cichlids
                              10 gallon ~ ghost shrimp breeding (fish treats) haha

Comment

Working...
                              X