Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elvis did it again! (Pictures, Pictures, Pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elvis did it again! (Pictures, Pictures, Pictures)

I walked down stairs this morning to get some coffee and this is what I saw, Elvis starting to puff. I thought when he saw me he would stop. He just kept going. The pictures are posted in the order they were taken. Enjoy!

A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Is he okay?
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Yes he's okay, it's just something he does. He's only puffed twice in a year. The first time my pictures did not come out so good. This time I was ready!

Comment

How did you deflate him and how big did he get?

Comment

He deflated himself. He was about the size of a volleyball. On the first picture you can see the reflection of my lens cap. This will give you a good idea of how big he was.
          My lens is 2" wide.

Comment

That's big.

Comment

fishboyt, you got me roflmo right now!

Comment

I thought puffers only did that when they were in distress? I know there are always acceptions- just wondering your thoughts?

Comment

They do that when they are stressed, scared or get out of the water

Comment

If they are stressed they will, but they will also do it for pratice or fun. Porc's are known to do it more often just for fun. Some people have posted that if they don't feed their porc it will puff up to let them know they want food now! Elvis is a stars & stripes, there's not too many people that have these because of their size. I've only heard of one person that had one that would puff just because he felt like it. It really depends on the personality of the puffer. This was only the second time I've ever seen him puff.

Comment

A volley ball.....I'm afraid you're going to have to cut back on his jelly donuts....

CF
                      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

For those of you who perhaps missed edmlfc prior posts about Elvis, this is the puffer who threw a fit one morning when edmlfc's husband was standing in front of the tank drinking his coffee. It was so bad that he called her at work worried about Elvis. Turns out her husband was using Elvis' coffee cup, the one she uses to thaw out his food. He is quite a character!

Hmmm....I think Elvis deserves a forum of his own. I'm going to create a Puffer board right now.
                        Our Fishhouse
                        Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
                          For those of you who perhaps missed edmlfc prior posts about Elvis, this is the puffer who threw a fit one morning when edmlfc's husband was standing in front of the tank drinking his coffee. It was so bad that he called her at work worried about Elvis. Turns out her husband was using Elvis' coffee cup, the one she uses to thaw out his food. He is quite a character!

Hmmm....I think Elvis deserves a forum of his own. I'm going to create a Puffer board right now.

Realy! You're going to make a puffer board?

Comment

Freshwater Puffers, Brackishwater Puffers, Saltwater Puffers. No matter what kind of puffer you have, share your stories here.

There ya go!
                            Our Fishhouse
                            Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post

Thanks for the puffer board!

Comment

Working...
                              X