No flames, personal attacks or contentious off topic comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No flames, personal attacks or contentious off topic comment

I have been sitting back the past couple of days not saying nothing but reading what people have said about different topics. I must say that I am dissappointed that we do have a moderator who breaks the forum rules. How can anyone lock up a topic when there is a moderator who threatens a member of the website? The member does debate with the moderator but he has never publicly threatened the moderator.

I am here publically asking for the moderator, Delock, to step down from being a moderator. His actions are not of those who should be able to moderate a forum. I am not using this as a personal attack but just to make sure that the rules are FULLY inforced! A moderator is there to make sure that problems do not get out of hand and from what I have seen, this moderator just keeps the fire going! There could possibly be bodily harm done one day and I am trying to put an end to it now! If HFB does not step in and take the right actions, someone will get hurt! I hate to see it go to that but when one of their moderators are threatening to do some kind of harm to another or threaten in others ways than someone needs to step in and make sure that ALL rules are being followed!

What is sad is that this is because of a bet! I call that the bet be called off and that the auction should go on as scheduled. A bet is one thing but when it starts to get out of hand than it is no longer a bet! This website is supposed to bring joy and excitement to the collecting, breeding, and careing for fish! Not to threaten others.

I understand that there will be those who are upset but there will also be others who would say that this should of been brought up from the beginning! Remember, I am just following the rules and if the rules are not inforced than there should be penilties, especially if they are getting broken by a moderator.
    You will never know the true feeling of being loved until you feel it from your child.

Re: No flames, personal attacks or contentious off topic com

RW, remember it takes more than one person to have an argument, mod or not.
    PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Originally posted by Nickintex";p="
      RW, remember it takes more than one person to have an argument, mod or not.
      What is the definition of a moderator?

n 1: any substance used to slow down neutrons in nuclear reactors
          2: someone who presides over a forum or debate
          3: someone who mediates disputes and attempts to avoid violence
      You will never know the true feeling of being loved until you feel it from your child.

Comment

OK RW, got me there!
        I'll go with answer #1.  
        PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

RW ... you know threads like this doesnt help the situation, dont you ?
          If you want to suggest that any mod to step down, then PM the person, or better yet suggest it the site owner.
          My name is Andri, and I'm an Ikoholic ! Back in the game !

Comment

RW....if memory serves me correctly.....you fanned those flames on more than one occassion.

Comment

It's been taken care of on my end. Please see this thread:

HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.

I'm not going to allow the back and forth anymore. I'm not saying I will be silent on all things. I just won't let it get to this point again. For those that my verbal confrontations with Delock offended or made uncomfortable, I apologize. For those of you that enjoyed it, I apologize as well. :wink:
              Charles Jones
              http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
              Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Exit stage left <---- 8)
                PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

charles, that's very big of you ...

Comment

Originally posted by h0nkzz";p="
                    If you want to suggest that any mod to step down, then PM the person, or better yet suggest it the site owner.

I agree 100%.

Yet he states in the Title "no personal attacks". What do you call what you are doing to Delock with this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by h0nkzz";p="
                      I have brought the fact of Delock being a moderator and threatening before but no one caught on and it kept going! If a moderator is threatening than what is supposed to be done. I have seen him give hints of threatening marauder_77868 on more than one occasion. Noone ever corrects him on it! If a moderator is able to threaten than why should any regular members feel that he/she is not to be corrected. I just think it is wrong!

Originally posted by supadave";p="
                      If memory serves me correctly.....you fanned those flames on more than one occassion.
                      Yes, I have appologized and quit! I can say that I NEVER threatened anyone in any form.

Comment

I dont care who said what ... I'm just stating that its unnecessary for a thread like this. if you think someone went out of line, then bring it up to the person or site owner. Dont be cheerleading on the sideline ...  regardless of whoever you're cheering for.

Comment

I would like to point out that Charles has addressed this as stated above and Delock is not a Mod in the Lounge.
                          All men are created equal but his choices determine his value and what's in his heart determines his worth.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Comment

I am not cheerleading for anyone! I am just stating the facts!

Delock has used the forum to call out a few members... I was one of them.

Why am I doing this? I am personally tired of reading him threaten to do some unexceptable things! I can see that someone is going to have to get hurt or go to jail before some of you decide to say something. If people are allowed to conduct in this manner than it will happen! ONEDAY!!!

Comment

I've been a participant and a spectator, and I can tell you from both viewpoints, it takes away from the fun of coming to the box. I'm going to make a sincere effort to keep my comments on the lighter side from now on.

CF
                              Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Working...
                              X