Aquatic Habitats.....Beaumont Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquatic Habitats.....Beaumont Texas

I know that most of you live in Houston area but for those that live in the golden triangle this review is for you.
    After having my 160 gallon tank break, I contacted Aquatic Habitats where I shop quite often. We all know there are not very many good fish stores in the golden triangle but this one is the best by far.
    Anyway back to my review: I contacted AH and they took my fish in and said they would hold them until I decided what to do. How many fish stores would do that for you? They have been great on so many degrees, when I want a certain fish they do their best to get it for me. Any questions I have they answer. I have never had any problems dealing with them, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. If there is something that they are not sure about they look it up for you and get the answers you need. I have purchased many fish from them, sold a few to them, and also traded some. This is no chain store, and they don't treat you like they are. It's a small store with limited staff, so you may have to wait a few minutes to get waited on, but it's well worth it. They listen to you and they aren't scared to learn a few things. I have gone into fish stores in the past where you are totally wrong and they are right. Not this place. This is one store that cares.

Fish story: I went in to AH to purchase a porcupine puffer. I walked in and said I'm here for my puffer, the owner looked at me and said you don't want it.  8O  Shocked, I asked why, he said he had noticed that morning that the puffer looked ill and didn't want to send it home with me, he wasn't sure if it would live or die. I ended up buying Elvis instead.  Not too many fish stores will tell you if a fish is sick.

Another story:
    About a year ago my cousin moved to town. He has a 200 gallon tank that was freshwater and wanted to turn it into saltwater. I sent him to AH for help. Not only did they help him get everything he needed for his new setup, even a custom sump, but they went to his home and helped him set it up. Chain stores won't do that for you. I'm sure this is the kind of treatment that most people get in a large city like Houston, but in a small city like Beaumont it's hard to come by.

I'm so impressed with the way they are helping me right now, I wanted to write this review and let everyone know, yes there is a good lfs in Beaumont. If you would like to visit them, they are located on the corner of Dowlen & Phelan (same parking lot as Domino's) . I can go on for days with stories from this store and all of them good. So if you are in the area and you are looking for a "good" fish store go by there.  Tell them that Elvis sent you.
    A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Re: Aquatic Habitats.....Beaumont Texas

Do they carry Tanganyikan? We might check this place out out on our way back from Lake Charles some time. What days are they open & their operating hours?
    Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

I don't think they do but you can give them a call. Their phone number is 409-892-5555. They are open 12pm-7pm (I think or 12pm-8pm). Sorry can't remember. They are closed on Sundays and open Monday-Saturday.

Comment

If I'm ever out  that way, I'll stop in and mention Elvis ... :)

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

They know Elvis on a personal basis. I visited with Elvis almost a month before I brought him home.  I would even feed him clams. He liked when I came to visit. They were fish sitting Elvis and his daddy decided he didn't want him. So he came home with me.  :P  I luv me Elvis!

Comment

That's one lucky fish.....err....cuse me.....puffer..... :)

CF
            Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Have I told you lately how much I really love my lfs?
              Well I'm going to tell you again, they came by last night to deliver my tank! They are coming again tonight to drill my stand because my new tank is a r/r bottom drilled tank, and deliver my wet/dry-refigum. I bought a used tank and they are putting the baffles in it for me. He's will be setting up all the pipe's tonight and then all I will have to do is transfer everything to the new tank. They got to see Elvis again for the first time in 10 months, he couldn't believe how much he grew. I waited until they got here so that they can see him eat. He couldn't believe that Elvis could crack a mussle like he did. He was totally amazed. They were asking me questions about feeding him and said they were going to the local grocery store to get mussels, clams & crabs for their puffers also. They also noticed that Elvis teeth are not overgrown because of what he eats. He got to see my planted tank for the first time and was totally impressed. He also asked me about their hair algea outbreak in their planted tanks. They have not ordered any plants in a while because of the hair algea, so I told them about flourish excel and how it helped me to get rid of the hair algea. They are going to order some and try it on their tanks. I just love it when a lfs takes advise from someone like me. It makes me feel all fuzzy inside to know they are willing to listen and try things that have worked for their customers. Just wanted to share what happened last night.

Comment

Now that is a cool feeling!
                Raul
                PokerFace

Comment

I went by aquatic habitats a few days ago just to see what they had new and pick up a few things. They took my advise on the excel for their plants and there is no more hair algea in the tank. They are now selling excel. They also took my advise about feeding puffers things like mussel's. There were mussel shells in every tank. There's one puffer there that had overgrown teeth, since feeding the mussel's he's teeth are already looking better. Not perfect but better. I'm so pround of them.
                  I brought them a picture of Elvis all puffed up.
                  We all had a good laugh. Elvis might be their new poster boy. J/K.

Just wanted to give an update on a great store.

Comment

Btw: There was really cool looking fish there. I think they had just got them in. I'm not sure but I think they were Tanganyikan. I can't remember excatly what they were, sorry I didn't pay much attention. I was awwing over the new puffers.

Comment

good work...sounds like your word will not be ignored from now on huh?...
                      as far as Elvis being their poster boy.....they could find no puffer better suited for the job i say.....he's the best...and incidently so is his puffer mom....she loves her babies with a puffer love unsurpassed in my book....

Comment

A quick up date on this store. It has a new owner and name Blue Aquatics don't know phone#.
                        Fishes says "pook pook".

Comment

Working...
                        X