Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Puffer dentistry

Got 'er done!

I noticed today that the top left tooth was starting to get into his bottom lip.  I decided to bite the bullet and just do it.  My plan was to have details for you guys, but it took much longer for him to go out than I expected and I stopped watching the clock.  I only used 1/4 tsp for 5 liters of water, and 1 tsp of Sodium BiCarbonate to fix the pH.  If I ever have to do it again, I might consider upping it a little.  However, after the clipping I put him in another bucket with fresh water that had been aerating during the whole process.  He perked right up and I put him back in his tank.  

I know I didn't clip them as short as I could have, but at least now they aren't digging into his lip and hopefully he'll be able to eat crunchy things!

Glad THAT'S over.  
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Congrats on your successful dentistry!  It was probably more traumatic for you than the puffer.  I'm sure if there's a next time it won't be so bad - at least now you know what to expect.  There probably would have been other things to deal with if they'd been trimmed too short, glad you took the cautious route.
      The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
      Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

YAY!!!
        Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
        Alexa Rae
        Co-President of CAK
        MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

:musik:  :musik:  :musik:  :rockon: Yea!  Now have a drink and relax! artyman: I'm so proud of you.
          A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

Congrats! I'm sure he feels much better.
            Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Girlgeek... Fish Dentist Extrodinaire
              All men are created equal but his choices determine his value and what's in his heart determines his worth.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Comment

Congrats! Now that's hardcore. Did your puffer's HMO cover that, or was it considered "cosmetic"?  
                Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

Yes that's great news

Comment

Working...
                  X