Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HAS FALL 2008 AUCTION

Originally posted by wesleydnunder";p="
    I wasn't wild about the stand-in auctioneer.
    I'm a little confused.  What did I do wrong?
    Dave Schumacher
    www.davesfish.com
    210-599-9444

Comment

Originally posted by ds1196";p="
      You prolly forgot to kiss him goodnight.
      Painting the world with drool and poop since 2007! ~ Papa Greg

Comment

Dave,

Personally I think you were great last night as an auctioneer (albeit I DID get most of the things I bid on-lol).

Unless people put their card up and pay close attention, they miss out.  It's the art of auctioning....

Comment

Originally posted by ds1196";p="
          Nothing catastrophic, Dave. Your style just differs from Charles'. At about midway through the auction a lady and myself were bidding against each other for some fish. We'd raised our cards at about the same time and you waved in our general direction and said, "six, seven". I didn't know you had given the higher bid to her and, assuming it was me, didn't raise it. Apparently you'd assigned the "seven" to the lady. Had I known that, the bidding by me would have continued. Again, nothing I'll need extended therapy over. I'll just know to ask at the next auction if it happens again.

Mark
          What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

You didn't do anything...someone in front of him bid and he thought it was his bid. So he lost the bag. I'll take care of it for you, Mark. The checkerboards came from me anyway.
            Charles Jones
            http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
            Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Not necessary Charles. That tank now houses the julies I got from you in stead.  

Mark
              What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Gotcha.  Sorry about that!  This auctioneering thing is harder than it looks!
                Dave Schumacher
                www.davesfish.com
                210-599-9444

Comment

you did a great job Dave....
                  and thanks for bringing all those gorgeous fishies with you from the big SA town.....
                  hey mark let's see a pic of the julie set up.....i love those fishies....

Comment

Originally posted by greg_tsam";p="
                    You prolly forgot to kiss him goodnight.
                    8O  :bscomehereyou:
                    PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

wesleydnunder=dying for a turn with the gavel

Comment

You don't talk a lot, jughead, but when you do it's usually pointed and pretty darn funnee! LOL

Comment

Got my check today. :)
                          So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Working...
                          X