Mrs. Bumblebee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs. Bumblebee

What's the verdict everyone, is she holding?

I guess this African is a mouth breeder, so what do you think, I am guessing she is.

CF

I am sorry for the water stains on the tank, I did not even see them until I took the pics....I'll take care of them immediately... :)
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Re: Mrs. Bumblebee

Is she a she? Looks more like a male to me.
    So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

yes i think so..  :)

Comment

It is a she, and It looks like she is holding. Congrats!
        A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

I had a dream last night that she spit her babies and they where 1 inch long.... :)

I'll get a couple pics of who I believe is the pappa....His name is Gordo, and he is almost jet black.

CF
          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Gordo is that the one u got from me.  If so I'm almost positive gordos a he.  He grew bigger than the other 2 bumblebees I bouht with him and they weren't very dominant. So I think that pic is of a female. Congrats

Comment

Yes, Gordo is the fish I got from you....he has been one of my favorites since I got him from you....he was so calm and peaceful in the tank for the longest time, and then recently he started pushing everyone else around.....I've never seen my adult Brichardi run for cover as they do now..... :)

Gordo has the entire population of this 150 gallon tank at his command, including Ocars, Brichardi, and other meat eating Africans....

I'll be sure to get a few pics up of Gordo tonight.

CF

Comment

that's my boy sleeping around LOL

Comment

Nah....he's not ...it's just him and Mrs. Bumblebee..... :)

CF

Comment

so he's whipped.  LOL well he sleeper around here. With a lemon lab and an orange what ever they cAll him

Comment

I have 5 species breeded in the 125g tank so far.  Among them, bumble bees are the most consistent breeders.  The mother can eat flakes while she is holding so her babies are the best survivers so far in my community tank.  The baby bees also out grow the other babies.  I plan to keep female bees to share the load from the mother and sell the male to the lfs when he starts to challenge the daddy.

I need some help on saving the frys.  I will start a new topic called "Saving the Precious Fryans."  Da....

Oh, by the way, your Mrs Bumblebee is holding.  She is tough and a protective mother.

Comment

For reasons unknown to me, she does not have any babies now, she was holding for a week, but then one day,  not...?

Here's a picture of the male, I call Gordo.

CF

Comment

wow, he is big.

My male bumblebee has the same body shape as his wife except he is longer.  He will change his color back to light yellow once in a while but most of the time he is showing dark brown color.  Good pictures.

Comment

do you think someone ate the babies?....

Comment

sorry you lost the babies, but the male is a stud :)
                              65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
                              55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
                              30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

Working...
                              X