Discus Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discus Thread

I want to be special so I'm posting a Discus thread.  hehe  I just got into discus recently and was wondering how many here are into them.  

Cheers,
    Thanh
    "The word superstar really turn me off and I tell you why because the word starrrrrrr, Man is an illusionnnnn" Bruce Lee

Re: Discus Thread

Dude......where are the pictures?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

pix, pix, pix
      65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
      55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
      30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
        Dude......where are the pictures?
        Ok, here it is.  My blue marble.

"The word superstar really turn me off and I tell you why because the word starrrrrrr, Man is an illusionnnnn" Bruce Lee

Comment

Wow!

Those look pretty awesome! Now all you need is a 6ft planted tank!
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

tngyuen, those are VERY NICE, you have 6 of them?  how big are they?  what type of tank?  can we see a tank shot? i agree with ek, set up an awesome planted tank
            65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
            55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
            30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

EK,  Planted tank! what is that? haha   Man, I've been itching to setup all my planted tanks, but unfortunately working on the house is taking a little longer than I thought.  Or i'm just plain lazy.  

Finfin, I actually got more discus now.       The blue marble is approx. 5" and the blue diamonds is about 3-3.5" It's in an Oceanic 75gal tank with nothing in it.  Nothing special.  Right now I'm just growing them out for a future 6ft discus planted tank that ek is telling me.  I will post more pic as soon as the others settle down.

Comment

Nice looking discus you got there.
                Now I will have to take some pics of my planted discus tanks.
                Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
                Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
                Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Shameless bump.    :bswsup:

Comment

Wow...

Nice...

I wanted a discus tank...take a full tank shot.

Comment

Do it man!  EK was going to be president of the discus club but since you can pretty much kick his @ss.  You got my vote.  
                      I just added 5 more blue diamond.  I will try to post some more pic later.

Comment

I also keep discus. I have 14 Cobalts that are housed in a 300 gallon tank. The measurements are 10 feet X 2 feet X 2 feet. I don't have any full tank shots because I don't have any decorations in the tank yet. Not sure how I want to decorate it yet. But it is cool to watch the discus swim in a school from end to end in a 10 foot tank. :)

By the way, I have 10 "starter" discus in a 90 gallon tank that I will give away for free to whomever wants to come get them.

Comment

I like ek  

But as far as the tank...my girlfriend want them for the bedroom. So I need to find a tank (saw a hexagon at city pets) to fit in the bedroom.

Comment

Hmmm, are you the person who had already purchased all the discus I wanted from Dan a month or so ago?  Seemed all the ones I wanted were already sold to some, in Katy?
                            Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

not me

what size is your tank? is your tank planted? what filtration do you use?

Comment

Working...
                              X