Cyprichromis Sp. Jumbo Mbita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyprichromis Sp. Jumbo Mbita

Picked these guys up a little over a week ago. They range in size anywhere from 4-5"

Still working out the 'scape in my head...

Tank Specs:
    AGA 90 Show (48x18x25)
    Fluval FX5
    48" Coralife 260W Lunar Aqualight
    150W Heater (not that I need it)

These pictures don't do it's justice. A handful of the males in the tank have some really nice fluorescent blue hues to their tales. Hopefully this will come out more once I get some sand in there. Oh, and this isn't the end. There are a few more species I wish to add, but for the most part the theme of this tank is going to be sand/shell dweller based.

If anyone has some Neothauma shells you don't want, I would love to take them off your hands! Let me know!

Enjoy!

Jonathan[s:970237e0b7][/s:970237e0b7]

Re: Cyprichromis Leptosoma Blue Orchid!

Pool Filter sand from Leslie's Pools and alot of Holey Rock!
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

My 150 is filled with holey rock, so I'm going to go a different route with this. Never been a fan of pool filter or play sand, so I think I'm just going to stick with some Aragamax. The rocks are really what's holding me back...although Nepco does have some nice choices...hmmm

by the way I forgot to mention that these are F0's!

Comment

If you find any Neothaumas I'll be more than surprised.  EK is the only one that I know that has any and he won't let any of them go.  I ended up ordering from CichlidBreeding.com to get the shells for my Shellie tank in the works.

Where did you pick the Cyps up from?  I wish I still had the group that I sold to Raul awhile back.

Comment

Hanson77 - J-WS6 got the cyps from Alex at Ultimate.

What other species are you going to put in the tank? That should help determine the scape. I'd keep most of the top 1/2 of the tank open.
          Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
          Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
          Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
          Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

That's what I was thinking, didn't know if he got them from someone on here?

Comment

Yup, Ultimate Fish.

Tim, I'm thinkning a group of ventralis, some enantiopus melanogenys and a small pair or group of some lamp. gold occellatus.

Comment

If you want some ventralis, I can sell mine to you. I've found them to be a poor mix with cyps. in a 7' tank ... so I doubt it would work in a 4' tank.  I've had Enantiopus  sp. "Kilesa" with cyps that have worked out well. You'll want to give them as much open space on the bottom as possible. The gold occies should work as well - just don't put the shells in the middle of the tank. :wink:
                Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Jonathan,

Those Cyps are Mbita. Blue Orchids dont get yellow dorsals, least none I ever seen or had.
                  - When Life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make Life take the damn lemons back!

Comment

that's strange, they were marked as blue orchids on the list...

looks the same to me..

Comment

Originally posted by Hanson77";p="
                       EK is the only one that I know that has any and he won't let any of them go.

I tried offering them here several times and everyone pm'ed some nasty stuff about how much I was asking for "just shells". Even though I was taking a loss from what I paid for them. Now I will sit on them and would rather crush them then sell them. Sorry.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

EK,

Stop playing Qoucy......give them shells to me!

J-WS6,

Seems like the tank is going to look really nice if you go with the theme of a sand/shell dweller based with the Cyprichromis Leptosoma Blue Orchid swimming around top. Regarding the Neothauma shells, they are really hard to find.  I did give EK some really nice shells that I found while back at the beach.  They're not Neothauma shells but they looked great....and they are free! :wink:  Good luck on the tank and nice pics!
                        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

some update pics yo

Comment

A few of them look scrawny or sick  :(
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

they're not sick. a few of them did come a bit skinny though. working my way on beefing them up

Comment

Working...
                              X