Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ALA 2008 Convention Pictures!

Mary Beth,

Could you also send your photos to Bob Baker?

Thanks

Comment

By the way, the snake in the vat is a diamondback watersnake, a female. The species is Nerodia rhombifer. It is a livebearing, non-poisonous snake. They colonized our greenhouses about seven years ago and are into probably 10-15 generations. When they become too common, we capture them and remove them to local water courses. We do get representatives of all four major poisonous snakes of the US. Occasionally, cottonmouths and copperheads enter the greenhouses. We never kill them. If they are outside, we walk around them. If inside, we remove them to the outside. They control rodents that would otherwise overrun us.

Comment

I have already downloaded the pictures above but I would like to have some names & descriptions to go with them.
        Thanks for the snake info Charles.

In the late 60's I dated an English girl who had a GS.  She was short & stocky (the dog) and had been trained by the AirForce.   Without a colar on the dog was a playful pup but when she was working (colar on) She wouldn't let me get close enough (to the girl) for a kiss.
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

the first guy in the red hawaian shirt is ted colletti, he has a colum in tropical fish hobbyst magazine call livebeares  unlimited.
          i think the other guy,with moustache and blue shirt is the very famous breeder of show guppies luke roebuck.

Comment

Change in plans
            I am just going to link this Topic / page to the ALA2008.info site
            so everyone can just post their pictures here.
            'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Good morning,

Here is John Kukowski link with some GREAT photos: http://www.johnkukowski.com/photos/fish_events/ala2008/
              Later, ken

Comment

Thanks, Ken! Those are some really great photos.  

Hope to see even more!
                "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
                X