ALA 2008 Convention Pictures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALA 2008 Convention Pictures!

Anyone else who happens to have pictures, PLEASE, feel free to add them to this thread!

We started off with a tour of Goliad Farms:

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: ALA 2008 Convention Pictures!

wassup with the snake

Comment

I didn't bring my camera along to Coleto Creek, so I don't have any pictures of that collecting trip.

On Friday, we went to San Marcos to the Xiphophorus Genetic Stock Center. These were some of my favorites. They were pretty tough to photograph, so I apologize:

Comment

Originally posted by delock";p="
        wassup with the snake
        Heehee...uhh, just a harmless little water snake... :whistle:

Comment

The same story with the San Marcos collecting trip - didn't want to drop my camera, so it was left in the car. I'll post some pictures of the fish later on, though.

Friday evening we had a little get-together in the hospitality suite:

And on Saturday morning, I had to leave for Houston. So, no more pictures. :(

But, like I said, please - anyone - post pics if you got 'em!

Comment

That German Shepard has probably the goofiest look I have ever seen on a German Shepard!  

The Livebearers in the second group of pictures are awesome looking!
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

The ears and snout are not a German Shepherd...nonetheless, looks like a great dog.

Comment

Nope, he's a German Shepherd. And he is a great dog! He's pretty huge, but very sweet. Except he won a fight with a wild boar/hog/whatever once.  8O

Comment

Oh, and the Xiphophorus Genetic Stock Center was really great. I forget how many species they had there off the top of my head, but it was pretty amazing! Beautiful fish.  :)

Comment

yeah cool pictures, i want to see what u caught.
                    Never fear I is here
                    David Abeles
                    Vice President
                    Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

No question he has significant GS traits.  Looked from ears and snout he had another breed mixed in.

Comment

Howdy,

Mary Beth thank you for posting the pictures, really good ones.  Believe the closeup fish photos are from the XGSC.  Excellent conference and appreciate everyones help!  Hope to see more pictures  later, ken

Comment

There were other people taking pictures, a couple were with the ALA and one I know of was taking photos for the ALA, but I think he was from Britain.  You might check with the ALA folks and see what they have as well.
                          Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Okay gang. Bear is a German Shepherd with a pedigree to prove it! He is 11 years old and deserves to look "goofy" after all he's been through. He's been chewed up by a huge wild boar (and killed lots of the boar's offspring in retaliation), had his bladder operated on due to kick from a horse, and had his right eye damaged by another kick. He is so large because father was a champion from Germany. His mother was a US champion. He wasn't showable because of his size (106 pounds), a slightly curved tail and too big of a frame (hybrid vigor). There is a reason that German dogs and their hybrids do not do well in the US. US judges prefer more gracile, smaller boned dogs.

Comment

I'm hoping for more photos from both tours and collecting trips. I know that John Kukowski of Arizona and Dai Jones of England took lots of photos and I've asked them to send them to Bob Baker to post at www.ala2008.info. I see no reason they also couldn't be posted here.

Comment

Working...
                              X