Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Florida Blue Cray Pregnancy Questions

Some newer pictures of Etouffee.
    Katamari Damacy...That's just how I roll...

Comment

Okay....question= Will snails eat the baby crayfish?  I had over a hundred babies running around the tank a couple of days ago and now we can only found a few.  hmmmm
      5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
      20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
      29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
      29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
      29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
      55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
      75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
      / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Not sure about the snails eating them, but they will eat each other if given the chance.  Seperate some out to another tank.
        Raul
        PokerFace

Comment

There are two survivors...atleast! Yay!

Comment

*sighs* I only see one of mine...he is only less than 1/4 inch
            Good luck with your two survivors
            5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
            20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
            29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
            29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
            29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
            55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
            75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
            / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Is this the time of year that crayfish usually breed or do they breed any time of the year?

Comment

I'm sure water temp may play a role, but I don't believe its seaonal.
                Raul
                PokerFace

Comment

Gumbo is pregnant...again! I was wondering why she wasn't growing her large claw back again and today I noticed she was berried! I didn't realize it could happen THAT fast! Perhaps more than 2 survivors will make it out of this batch. I assume female crays can hold the sperm for long periods of time...because she hasn't had sex with her brother for nearly 2 months! Haha my arkansas crays. She's in a 20L tank...maybe this will be a better environment for them to survive in.

Comment

Hello, I realized this is a very old post but I recently have had a blue crayfish havery eggs and still after many websites can't figure out if her eggs are fertile or not! Anything helps :)

Comment

Working...
                    X