pet city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pet city

I think red ears can be smaller as long as it is sold for educational purposes.....or something like that.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

oh forreal? they used to have tons in that wooden box pond right by the cash register.

Comment

taken from http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild...pecies/slider/ :

"Baby red-eared sliders were once very popular as children's pets until it was discovered that some of them carried the disease, salmonella. It is now illegal to sell sliders less than 4 inches in diameter. Most wild animals make very poor pets and are best observed in their native habitat."

The signs say "For educational purposes only". You'll notice that no price is listed (at most stores). They say this in case an inspector comes in and sees them.
        Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
        Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
        Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

well that explains it all, thanks tim.

Comment

Well, I went to pet city today, the place isnt all that bad. Some tanks in the back were kinda cloudy but overall the fish were healthy. Some stuff is over priced but the guy who worked there was very nice and answered my questions to the best of his knowledge. I would rate this store 3.75 out of 5.00.

Comment

asked about the petro today he said it was WC and was for sale for $175.00!!! They also had about 4 clown loaches anywhere from 4-6" long in the display tank for sale.
              The petro was priced alittle high for me, Iam no expert on them though, esp without knowing for sure that it was a WC fish. It was pretty either which way, he was jet black with long trailers, mean little bugger it was trying to pick a fight with some bogwood but couldnt fit it in its mouth

Comment

Thanks cesar for posting the price on the petro.....saves me the trip out there.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

175?  dang how big was it?

Comment

4-5" long

Comment

WC hmmmm his dogs are show dogs too  :silenced:
                      5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
                      20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
                      29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
                      29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
                      29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
                      55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
                      75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
                      / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

walked in today to check on the petro,  Steve was bagging him as soon as I was walking in the door. I dont know who got him but he traded two burundi frontosa and $100 in cash.

Comment

who ever it was got a good deal
                          Have a great day and a better tomorrow

Comment

I purchased the Maltese for $850 which is a bit pricey but it didn't matter as long as he had papers and could be registered. I'm very disappointed that I was lied to by the sales woman Samantha. I find out almost 2 weeks later that ACA registration does not mean you can also register with AKC. Now I am stuck with this puppy that I can do nothing with. I want some of my money returned or you can have the dog and refund all of my money. The fact I was deceived does not sit well with me. They don't want to answer the phone and when they do - they are not owning up to the lies that were told. People need to know about PET CITY and it's shady practices . BEWARE!

Comment

Originally posted by AshleyDouglas View Post
                              I purchased the Maltese for $850 which is a bit pricey but it didn't matter as long as he had papers and could be registered. I'm very disappointed that I was lied to by the sales woman Samantha. I find out almost 2 weeks later that ACA registration does not mean you can also register with AKC. Now I am stuck with this puppy that I can do nothing with. I want some of my money returned or you can have the dog and refund all of my money. The fact I was deceived does not sit well with me. They don't want to answer the phone and when they do - they are not owning up to the lies that were told. People need to know about PET CITY and it's shady practices . BEWARE!
                              I have trained a few dogs that were aquired from pet ****ty. Most were terrible, one was blind by the time she was two. A $1500 surgery later and she can see. You get what you pay for.

Comment

Working...
                              X