Looking for more Orange Band Moori

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for more Orange Band Moori

I was at Fishland a couple of times here recently and I noticed some interesting trophs' in one of his tanks. He (Andy) had maybe 7 Orange Band Moori on sale for 20.00 each, and I was tempted, but passed due to the troubles I've been having with loses at my place.
    Anyway, I went back this past Sunday and they where all gone, except this one that was in another tank the last time I was there. This guy looked a little pale, and maybe a touch sickly (his colour was off), but he had spunk, so I brought him home with me.

Today, he is doing much better, and he looks fantastic. I would like to find a few more of these cuties if I can, so please let me know if you have any or know anyone who does. I'd appreciate hearing from you.

He looks like a white band dub, but the band is orange.

Thanks

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Re: Looking for more Orange Band Moori

Steve,

It looks hard to tell with the blurr in the photo, but only two Tropheus have red bands that I am aware of that would look similiar to markings of a Duboisi.

They are the Rutunga - Red Saddle, and the Pemba or Bemba - Red Flame

Rutunga - Brabrant - Red Saddle

Pemba - Bemba - Red Flame

The Pemba can vary alot in color sometimes really orange, sometimes really red, just depends more on exact collection location and or pond raised breeding stock from Burundi.

Wild Rutunga or Pemba is almost never collected any more because of security reasons in the region, and the large breeding facility in Burundi by the Brichard family.

The fish can be really stunning, especially the alpha's

Take care,

Geoff
    380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
    300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
    180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
    150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Thanks Geoff, for your input, I will work on getting a better picture, I still have yet to find a way to increase my ISO setting, all I can find is high and low and it's on high now.

This guy here is a closer match to the pemba, but it's so hard for me to tell the difference between species. If your ever in the NW part of town, drop in and check em out.

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

The picture is blurry but if its not orange and possibly more yellow then it could be kirizia kaiser II.

Just make sure you get a proper I.D. On it before making a colony out of the wrong variant.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I believe FishRUs has some Bembas in.

Comment

I have the lights off for tonight, but will try tomorrow for another, better picture. This guy's band is ORANGE, no doubt when you see it. That's why I went with the name Andy was using to ID them.

CF

Comment

T&T might have some in their grab bag tank.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Look like a cherry spot to me....

Comment

I'll try to get a better picture of him tonight before I go bowling.

CF

Comment

I have some orange band bembas tropheus

Comment

Lol its a old post from 2008 bro

Comment

Working...
                      X