This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 135 gallon Aquarium & Stand - fixer upper - $150 or swap

I have a 135 gallon aquarium that is in good shape for housing a reptile or snake or something like that. It is 6 feet long. This includes a wood stand and glass tops.  Reduced price!  $150 takes it home!

We were going to try to fix it for use as a fish tank, but it's just more work than we care to do. The tank is clean and all the inside silicone has been removed. If you want to use it for fish, it needs to be redone in the primary seal, as well as the inside.  

The price is negotiable, just nothing ridiculous please. Just trying to get out of it what we put in.

Maybe you're someone who likes to fix them up and resell for profit? This is a good project for you!

Call 281-773-5724 & come get it!  The sooner the better!

I'd also be willing to swap this out for a good 4' T5 light fixture for my SW tank.  Retrofit or fixture.  Or, would swap for another tank in the 75 gallon or so range, with stand and no leaks for me to fix.  :-)

Re: 135 gallon Aquarium & Stand - suitable for reptile,

You have a price in mind that you would like to get for it???
    Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
    Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
    Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Originally posted by fishymommy";p="
      I have a 135 gallon aquarium that is in good shape for housing a reptile or snake or something like that. It is 6 feet long. This includes a wood stand and glass tops.  $250 firm.

Comment

Little pricey for me. Good luck with the sale. IMO The price is too close to a ready for fish tank of the same size.

Comment

The thing is we traded a really nice 75 with stand and canopy for this tank and we thought we'd be able to basically just redo the inner seal and use it for fish.  We paid 250 for the tank and stand we traded for this one.  I think I could maybe convince my hubby to go down to $200, if I can get a taker asap.  

And I haven't come across any tanks this size for $250, but maybe I just missed them.

Comment

Re: 135 gallon Aquarium & Stand -suitable for reptile -

Reduced my price!  Come and get your fixer upper here!  $150!  Come on, it's gonna be sweet once it's resealed!

Comment

Re: 135 gallon Aquarium & Stand - fixer upper - $150

Do you have the center brace ? Because in the first picture it looks like your tank does not have a center brace, which maybe why your tank leaked due to the "bowing" of the tank.

Comment

Re: 135 gallon Aquarium & Stand - fixer upper - $150

no, we have the center brace.  This is the piece that goes in the top, right?  If you mean something that is normally in the bottom of a tank this large, I guess not.  The piece that goes in the top, my husband took out because the previous owner had siliconed some wood pieces to it for no discernible reason.  I guess he thought it needed it.  Anyway, it fits right in there and just may need some small glass strips or something added on for extra support for the glass tops.  

OK, wait, maybe I'm a dingaling.  Is the center brace a piece that goes in the stand?  If that's the case, then you may be right, because I don't think there is anything else to the stand.  SO, thanks for mentioning that, I will mention it to the hubby in case we decide to try to fix it ourselves.  

The glass tops are Oceanic, btw.  They're practically new.  

This tank didn't leak in our house, Thank Goodness!  It leaked in the previous owner's apartment.  We swapped our (really nice) 75 gallon tank & custom stand & canopy to her for this tank because we thought we'd be able to fix it and she wanted something smaller anyway.  Then once my husband started scraping out the old inner silicone, he found out why it had originally leaked.  Someone had redone the inner silicone over a spot where the primary seal - between the glass at the corner - was completely gone.  SO, after researching and figuring out that we need to redo the primary seal first, which obviously is much more involved, we decided to either try to sell it and use the money to put towards another tank, or we may end up using it to house a lizard of some sort.  I'd kindof like for my husband to try to redo it for fish, BUT, that will probably mean several days of him locking himself in the garage and leaving me to keep the kids from going outside and bugging him and they'll be driving me insane.  Plus, it's kindof a lot of pressure on him to get the thing redone and then pray that it never gives way once it's in our house full of water.  SO, just offering it out here to see if any of you fish tank gurus wants to take it on.   :wink:

Comment

Working...
                X