This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find a new tank!

So guys and gals, where would you shop for a 55 gal complete set-up? My church wishes to get a bigger tank for the nursury entrance area, we currently have a 29. They asked me to find them something bigger, so we discussed a 55, possibly a bowfront. I need to get a price list together, so they know what a ball-park figure will be. I clean and care for the tank now, and will care for the new tank too. I get to take the 29 home with me when I find a new tank. Oh yeah, this will be a fresh water set-up, natural look.

Re: Help me find a new tank!

Your probably looking at $100-$125 complete.

Comment

Thanks Brown, I saw a 55 system at WalMart for around $150, then I would need a stand. Where would you shop for it? The system and stand?

Comment

Try craigslist. Most 55 setups come with a wooden stand included.
        I can be found at www.southaustinchiro.com.

Comment

To me there is a higher grade I'd consider when looking at a public display than a home aquarium.  I would start with Oceanic tanks and stands and go from there or better.  Ultimate Fish up on 2920 near I-45 has some nice tanks\stands.  I'd even think about the risks of using tempered glass that most 55 gallon tanks use.
          Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a fish a man, and he'll eat for weeks!

Comment

Please elaborate Frio, what probs?

Comment

I didn't think there was much problem if tempered or not.

Go look for the tank at the LFS....you can probably get a nice tank stand for a decent price and not have to buy all the stuff you don't need in the walmart kit....or buy the kit and have a stand built which isn't too much more.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I agree with going to Ultimate Fish, in M/O it is worth driving form where ever youy are to see Alex and his staff at Ultimate Fish.  As far as what kind of tank, don't waste your churches money on a tank from Walmart.  You get what you pay for!!! As always this is just M/O
                300 W/C Burundi
                210 W/C Moba/ Cyrtocara Moorii
                210 F1 Moba
                180 W/C Mpimbwe
                180 F1 Burundi

Comment

Working...
                X