This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Flagfish

I'm looking for some Flagfish, Jordanella floridae. Mainly, I would like to find a female. I had a pair, but the female just died this week and now the male is making eyes at the female rosy barb in the tank...  :) I'd also like to get it from someone on here, rather than at an LFS.

So, if you have any, let me know! Thanks!  
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: WTB Flagfish

I had mine with my longfin rosies for about a week.  Now I have shortfin rosies.  I intend to try breeding mine before winter's over - been concentrating on other things lately though - like finishing the fish room so I can make a more permanent home for them.  I usually keep mine outside in the ponds but they're in for the winter.  If I can get mine to spawn I'll sure share some fry with you, although it sounds like you need them sooner than that.  If you have any tips on spawning let me know.  I'll count my females and if I have enough to turn one loose I'll let you know.
    The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
    Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

I have some in my small pond also, but until I clean in the Spring, I won't know what I've got. They are awful quick and hard to catch out there!!

Comment

I agree!

When me and some buddies would go collecting in the bayou these were the rarest catch of the day!
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thanks you guys!

Spot - I'm in no hurry, I just was kinda sad that she died, and when you're used to seeing 2 of them together all the time, one just looks so alone! I have absolutely NO tips on spawning.  :)  They are (were) in my 40 breeder with moss, moss, moss. They hung out in the back A LOT. But I've never seen any fry, so who knows! But I liked seeing them interact with one another.

So, I'm patient! But let me know whenever you guys know what you have.  

Comment

Bumpity bump, just in case.

Comment

I took a count of mine and it looks like I only have 2 females and 4 males  :(.  Guess I need to work on a breeding plan of some sort.  If you find anything out regarding breeding, please let me know!
              The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
              Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Will do!

Comment

Working...
                X