This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundraiser Tank 12/16/07 - sold

Free 200 gallon tank with $750 donation or best offer to the HLA to raise funds for the ALA convention.

The outside dimensions of the tank are 37 1/2 inches tall, 60 inches wide and 24 inches deep ( front to back ). It is made from 3/4 inch glass with an extra 1/4 inch piece on the bottom and "european bracing on top", that is a 1/2 inch lip 3 1/2 inches wide all the way around the top. It has an internal overflow sump with the bottom drilled and tapped 1 1/4 inches twice and 1 inch once. The inside dimensions are 36 x 58 1/2 x 22 1/2 inches or 205 gallons not counting the internal overflow.

max

Re: Fundraiser Tank 12/16/07

Max is this tank being posted for auction or raffle tickets being sold?
    Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
    Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
    Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

No, the HLA is going to give this tank to someone for their donation to support the ALA convention. The first person to donate $750 gets the tank. If no one makes a $750 donation the HLA's board of directors may or may not elect to accept the next best donation offer at their discretion.

max

Comment

Max,

You would be better off selling Raffle tickets for $20 or $25 a piece for 2-4 weeks and then do a Raffle.
        Raul
        PokerFace

Comment

and here I thought I was doing good, giving 75.00 to the Ron Paul campaign.

CF
          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

It would also be good to post pictures.  Even though this is a donation, people would like to see what they are getting for their money.

I agree with Raul though, you get easily get $500+ with $25 raffle tickets.  Honestly, I bet almost every regular on here would buy atleast 1 ticket just for the slight chance of winning.  You would only need 30 tickets sold to reach $750 which is very doable if you sell them on here and on the Dallas fishbox.  Its a far drive for the dallas site, but I dont know any hobbiest that would not drive 4 hours for a 200 gallon tank that cost $25.

Comment

I agree with the raffle ticket idea.....you could probably get Charles and possibly Mike to sell raffles as well for the club and that would really get the bank roll going!
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

If you do $25 a ticket, and someone can validate it was a legit raffle I would send you a check for atleast one ticket tomorrow.

Comment

Four big men could load the tank into a pickup or lift it off of funiture dollies onto a stand or table but it would be heavy for them to carry through a house. It is laid on the front on a blanket in the back of my pickup now. My legs are a little sore so good pictures are a little hard to come by real quick.

This is a used tank without a stand that was donated to the HLA. It does have a very nice Precision Marine Systems sump and lighting. The light fixture has two 48 inch flourescent Oralife Actinic 03 F40 T12 BP bulbs and three PFO Lighting 120 volt 250 watt 13K metal halide lights. The balast assemblies for the halide lights are Custon Sea Life upc 25010 and upc 25020 250 watt balasts for one and two halide lights respectively. Christmas is coming and there is a time delay with snail mail checks and validation of a raffle presents a problem. Someone has already expressed an interest in the original offer so at this point I see no need to change the offer. I will try to get some sort of pictures posted later.

max

Comment

This is the back of the tank in the back of my pickup. It has a black coating on the back, sides and bottom so only the front is clear. The front of the tank is on the bottom next to the bed of the pickup so it is not visible. Those are the overflow drains on the right hand side.

max

Comment

That tank look familiar

Comment

Sorry, the aquarium has been sold. We got the asking price, 12/30/07.

max

Comment

Working...
                        X