surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surprise

well, i was enjoying the "meaning of life" thread for a few days, then i did not check it for a little while and now its locked!!!

i have to say i don't know what are the rules of "locking" forums, but i did not understand (and was quite surprised) why that thread had to be locked, we all preached about tolerance and openness in that thread and as soon as someone put something that others did not like or disagreeed with, all the big talk of tolerance and openness went out the window, it is easy to preach tolerance/diversity/open mindedness but much harder to practice when it applies to ourselves,

wish we lead by example and not by rhetoric, go ahead lock this one too since i said something where double standards are pointed out
    65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
    55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
    30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Re: surprise

I just read through the whole thing and it started going downhill after JJ posted.  

It was a good thing that it got locked.  The regulars already knew it was coming.  Please don't go making more out it than there really is.  

Raul
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

Raul, thank you for pointing out that it was AFTER I posted and not WHEN I posted. I simply stated an opinion based on what I read in fishlady's post, the mud slinging commenced shortly thereafter.
      Up a wrought iron fire escape.
      Rolled out a tiny wooden platform with
      dark, hard, dark rubber wheels.
      Roll, skreek! Roll, skreek! Roll, skreek!

Comment

of course raul, if regulars don't like it, it should be stopped, because this only belongs to "regulars", anyone that disagrees should be shunned, thanks for proving my point even more clearly - forgive me for disagreeing

live and let live

Comment

Woah, woah, woah!

I was asked to lock it. I locked it. That's that.

i have to say i don't know what are the rules of "locking" forums, but i did not understand (and was quite surprised) why that thread had to be locked,

See above.

we all preached about tolerance and openness in that thread and as soon as someone put something that others did not like or disagreeed with, all the big talk of tolerance and openness went out the window, it is easy to preach tolerance/diversity/open mindedness but much harder to practice when it applies to ourselves,

Threads are not locked due to the presence of disagreements.

wish we lead by example and not by rhetoric, go ahead lock this one too since i said something where double standards are pointed out

I'm sorry, but that was uncalled for.
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

of course raul, if regulars don't like it, it should be stopped, because this only belongs to "regulars", anyone that disagrees should be shunned, thanks for proving my point even more clearly - forgive me for disagreeing

What do you mean?
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

i don't want to repeat anything, everything i wrote/am writing was/is in plain english, if it was not clear the first time, it won't be clear the next time either

i knew i was not going to be popular if i pointed out bullying

i know this is about fish here, but its interesting how true colors shine through in every aspect of our lives

relax, nothing has changed or will change, the good, the bad, and the ugly are still the same - did that make sense

:wink:

live and let live

Comment

i have always stuck out for people that i felt were singled out or were not allowed to express their opinion because they are or their opinion is not popular (at least at the time), i am sure all of us has at one point or other experienced this and i was just expressing my opinion

long story short - i am feeling bad now because of this conversation, i just don't like negative vibes, you guys have been nothing but nice to me personally and given me all kinds of good advice, so if i have offended anyone or hurt anyone by anything i said, although i don't think i said anything wrong, i am sorry and i hope we all can move past this

live and let live

Comment

I think we all just need a big group hug and let this one slide on to the back of the archives.  Things were said, some taken out of context, lets get on with life.  This is the main issue with typing what you have to say vs. saying to the person face to face.  You can't read inflection in someone's voice or see the expression on their face this way so things get misconstrued so easily.  I think we all know now that JamJam didn't mean anything detrimental or harmful....it was just an opinon.  I shouldn't have stuck my two pennies in because it just added fuel to the fire.  I personally want to apologize to all who read this for that.

We are all friends here whether we have met face to face or not.  I lean on everyone here for advice in life and in my fishkeeping and want to keep it that way as do I believe all of you do to.  

Once again....just my two pennies worth!!!!

Comment

well articulated hanson

here's a toast to all  

damn i need an adult beverage - really craving it - i think i will get myself some perfect margaritas from cyclone anaya's - those are some potent ritas :)

live and let live

Comment

Originally posted by finfan";p="
                       A little extreme.

Just to clarify, I said the regulars knew it was coming.  I never stated HFB belonged to the regulars.  

FinFan,  If we ever meet up, pls let my buy you a beer or something.  I don't want to be on negative terms with anyone on HFB so let's be friends.  

Raul
                      Raul
                      PokerFace

Comment

Yeah it has been an adult beverage deserving week.....so MEEEE TOOOO!!!

Comment

how about some black label and coke - aahhh

live and let live

Comment

Make mine Black Velvet and diet coke  :drinker:
                            'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

okay....drinks are on hanson.....
                              i will say it was my thread that i started....i got very saddened when i sat down and watched the news (which i never ever do)..but i did....and i didn't have anyone to discuss just what i was feeling at that time here in the house so i came to where i felt comfortable speaking my sadness.....it wasn't meant to be anything but an outlet of inner emotion and the way we feel about the world, the hatred, the bashing of other human beings just because they aren't "status quo"....but today it turned into something i felt was ugly and that was what saddened me to begin with.....so it was i who asked mzunga to lock the thread for i felt it was loosing it's therapeutic qualities and turning ugly....so blame me if you will.....
                              i feel that everyone on this forum has inner emotions that haunt them sometimes....and i know how i feel when i can't get them out....so i will appologize to all if i did the wrong thing to begin with and stated what my heart was feeling....but i too was enjoying the thread until it wasn't about inner emotions anymore it was about attacking verbage of another....that's when it became clear that it had to end.....so if you wish start another....but i beg of you to please allow it to be what it begins and not turn nasty as mine did.....
                              i hold no hard feelings toward jj for attacking my grammer....but i didn't feel that he was getting what the thread was meaning.....so there....
                              sorry.....

FL

Comment

Working...
                              X