R.I.P. Monica, How do you feel???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R.I.P. Monica, How do you feel???

Thanks for all the great input guys, just an update; they caught the guy and he was intoxicated.

Resident BUM !!!

Comment

Thank God.
      Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
      Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
      Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

At least there was some upside to the matter...I have had a few friends die due to drunk driving....it sucks when the homies that use to call you to go chill and hang out are calling you to tell you to rush to the scene :(
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Dang Mike, I'm sorry to hear about your loss! I hope the guy that did this gets the book thrown at him!

My uncle is a biker and he has seen many of his friends killed by carelessness--whether it be the fault of the biker or of another driver. I have also seen many near-accidents involving crotch-rocket drivers. One day my mom and I were driving through Pasadena on a busy road and two guys weaved in and out of traffic just to get in front of us and do wheelies. One of them almost fell over backwards because they were about to miss their turn...neither were wearing helmets. Not that it would have helped any if they fell over backwards, though. We probably would have not been able to stop in time...they were that close.

I guess this is a sobering reminder that life is precious and it can be taken away in an instant. Everybody, please be careful out there on the road and look out for your neighbors! It's the responsible thing to do...

Rebekah

Comment

Sorry Mike.

I drive a lot of miles a year and see so many bikers cutting infront of people. They assume, because they have the speed, that its safe to pass on corners, and to overtake on the shoulder. I dont tailgate bikes or cars - But ive been tailgates by both cars and bikes. Theres got to be something wrong with you to be 5 feet behind a car traveling at 75mph.

I dont think this girl should have died for anything shes done, but has anyone thought that maybe she was doing something stupid on her sportbike before she was hit?

One of the first road fatalities i've saw during my job, was a HD driver in full leather and wearing a helmet. But you could only see his big boots and the ends of his leather pants sticking out from under a sheet. The bike was 1/8 mile further down the road.

I think you have to be crazy to drive without a helmet. I dont drive a bike anymore, im married and a father.

Comment

I agree I have seen a lot of riders that ride like they are invincible.....I know the times I have ridden I felt that I controlled the road....but then again I drive like that regardless.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

My condolences for your loss.

I don't drive a street bike because I know I would die.

Comment

I too WAS a ocassional biker, but sold my shadow shortly after moving to Houston. I felt uncomfortable with the way they drive here.

I like to tell my loved ones and freinds back home in California,  ".....the folks here in Houston are really nice, but something happens to them when they get behind the wheel of their cars, they seem to be on a mission or something, and you had better get out of their way......"

They laff when I tell them that......but it's true in my opinion......NOT meant to be rude, just the way I see it coming from a lifetime of driving in California, there is a huge difference in the way Houstonians drive here, and I wish more texans here pay attention to that sign....Drive Friendly

CF
                  Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I know that I am bumming up an old thread but really wanted to put my thoughts here. I have seen too many accidents as my brother was working for a DUI lawyer. I really don’t understand why so many people don’t put any price to their lives.

Comment

Working...
                    X