HAS Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HAS Auction

Three things to remember for ALL future Fish Auctions . . .

Bring lots of extra money. . . Don't be cheap, bid the extra dollar, and . . .

See you there!

TO BE, OR NOT TO BE ... was never a question!

Comment

For those who are new to the auction, be prepared for a LONG day. this typically runs until about 6PM, give or take an hour.

Comment

...and we'll have fun, fun, fun...  I'll be bringing some large, 2", Smokey Super Veil angels.  Some Golds and some solid Blacks. Maybe a few neritina reclivata snails.

Comment

We are looking forward to the auction. will bring a some dwarf albino plecos, daphnia culture, drift wood and what ever else we can find.  

We are busy freeing up some tanks becasue we always buy more then what we bring.  Later, ken/mark

Comment

I am assuming the usual great lunch and adult beverages will be available   ?  I wonder what marvels I will bring home this time  
            Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Nancy!

You bought all the marvels at the last Auction. This time you'll have to bid on the oddities, rarities and the curious.

See you there!  Dave

TO BE, OR NOT TO BE ... was never a question!

Comment

Been wondering if members of the Fish Box or the Lake Houston group wear any kind of ID to make them recognizable to newbies who'd like to put a face to a name.
                MY MANTRA: Yes, I CAN have too many fishtanks!

Comment

The Lake Houston Aquarists wore fish hats one  time. Polo and tee shirts are worn by various clubs. I think I will bring platies and swords this time.

max

Comment

High-PH - We've always talked on here about wearing some sort of ID, but it never seems to happen! Usually, the HAS members wear their FOTAS shirts. I wore my Mzungu shirt to the HLA auction...
                    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Just an FYI - you don't have to be a member of HAS to attend the auctions! Just bring $5 for the bidder fee (per person) and have fun!

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

fishysue:  If it's old-fashioned you want, I may have a metal stand for you. Had it 25-30 years, so... It was the size to hold a then-standard 29 gallon show tank. Gave it a fast measure this morning and the top frame is about 12"x30" and the lower frame is 13" x 30". When new it was sprayed with black Rustoleum for protection, but it's been on my patio for a several months this year, so would need brushing up and repainting. If you think this is what you want, I'll bring it for you when I come to the HAS auction.
                        Polly
                        MY MANTRA: Yes, I CAN have too many fishtanks!

Comment

At the Spring HAS auction, there were name tags available at the check-in table. And there will be again at this Summer auction. Folks seemed to like catching up with their friends and new acquaintances.
                          C U there

Comment

Polly,

Thanks for the reply.  I think I've located one that is the right size.  It has a foot print of 24" X 12 1/2" and will hold two twenty highs.  The twenty highs are 24" X 12" X 16".  If you want to sell the one you have,  the auction is the place to take it.

Thanks again,
                            Fishysue

Comment

Fishsue i also have a metal one to that is 27 X 29 W X 16 D. It will be at the auction.

I also have some nice red pigeon blood discus babies to bring to the auction as well.
                              They are about 1" to 1'75" in size.
                              If you like you can come by & pick the one you like out.
                              Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
                              Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
                              Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Im really excited!! This is my first fish auction...if I live in Midtown Houston....will the fish still be alive when i get home??? I am looking forward to buying Angels for my first tank!

Comment

Working...
                                X