No announcement yet.

Aqua Zoo Rocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all, i didnt want them to GIVE me the Frontosa. I offered a large amount of money for the fish. It's not a pet by the way, and if it is, they dont care much about it since an 8" fish is cramped in a 10g tank. Also, yes, its only been a year since i started my aquariums, but in that year i have studied my a$$ off. Reading, watching tv programs, taking advice from others more knowledgeable than myself, and when i ask an experienced fish owner a simple question to test the integrity of the shop and they cant answer it, it sent off red flags. I'm sure Shannon and Prosper are genuinely nice people, and i know people that love their shop, i personally dont. I dont know where you get off calling me out personally about an opinion that i decided to share.
    If it ain't wild caught
    You ain't doing it right

Comment

[quote=marauder_77868;373263]I think it's pretty poor form for someone affiliated with another shop to be publicly critical of another. quote]
      I'm not affiliated with any other shop....where did you get that idea?
      If it ain't wild caught
      You ain't doing it right

Comment

Were you bidder #39 at the auction?
        Charles Jones
        http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
        Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

no sir, i was #59. I was the tall guy with the beard, tattoos and band t-shirt.
          If it ain't wild caught
          You ain't doing it right

Comment

I have the bidder cards at home...so I'm just doing this from memory. I apologize if I have wrongly accused you. That having been said, under address on the bidder card, didn't you list "Houston Aquarium Warehouse"?
            Charles Jones

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
            Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

My little brother (newb) works for HAW. It was his bidder card, i just used it once or twice.
              If it ain't wild caught
              You ain't doing it right

Comment

My little brother (newb) works for HAW. It was his bidder card, i just used it once or twice.
                I guess that's where I got the idea. That point having been made, you have a long way to go before you even begin to approach Prosper's fish knowledge. For that matter, the people you're likely learning from have a long way to go before they even approach Prosper's fish knowledge. And that's just my opinion...but you'll find it's shared by those in the hobby who have been here quite awhile.
                Charles Jones

Comment

Not one time did i imply that my knowledge of aquatics was greater than ANYBODY elses. I fully understand that people have been in this hobby WAY longer than i have, and that is completely respectable. I will say that i am no idiot. Though you may have been in this longer than i have, i guarantee i can hold my own with the knowledge of most of you. I dont feel that what i said was so terrible that two of you are still arguing with me about it. I dont feel like discussing it any longer with you, so would you please drop the subject.
                  If it ain't wild caught
                  You ain't doing it right

Comment

From my personal evaluation which is purely for my personal use is that ALL lfs have a flaw in one category or another.

As for "display" or "NFS" fish I too have been guilty of trying to get the owners to part with them but that was all based on pot luck if they did part but knowing well in advance that it was a slim chance.

As for experience or knowledge.... regardless of how knowledgable, there is always more to learn and that is never ending!
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

How do you own a fish store and not know squat about fish....?
                      Not one time did i imply that my knowledge of aquatics was greater than ANYBODY elses.
                      I read the first quote as saying they don't know squat. I read the second quote and wonder if you believe the first one...where does that leave you?

Though you may have been in this longer than i have, i guarantee i can hold my own with the knowledge of most of you.
                      Guarantee? Hardly.

I just saw someone attack a shop owned by a friend. I know the story behind this. You weren't just sharing your personal opinion. You had an axe to grind. You could make yourself look a little better by just apologizing and, if you truly don't feel like discussing it, this would be a good course of action.
                      Charles Jones

Comment

charles and everyone else, HOW OLD ARE YALL, this has gone way to far, when has it become common law to attack someone for there personall opinion?
                        btw, you own a shop right?
                        does it look good for a respected owner of a shop to get into a kindergarden argument about someones opinion?
                        and furthermore, how do you know he had an axe to grind?
                        are you able to read minds?
                        i dont like when people cant voice there opinions bout a store without the stores little possy attacking the person because they diagree with ones opinion.
                        he asked to stop this arument and its still going.
                        he tried to put a civil end to it.
                        lets drop it!
                        this isnt frickin juniour high!
                        and dont bother commenting to me, cause i wont read it!
                        this is retailers feedback, right?
                        not POSITIVE FEEDBACK ONLY!
                        hes fully entitled to his opinion, so lets all act like the grownups we are and drop this before this forum gets shut dwn for 2 months like the lounge!
                        geeze
                        FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

It's absolutely not about positive feedback only. I don't have the ability to read minds...I just know some details about this that haven't come to light. I will let it go. But I will react the same way each and every time someone posts something about a friend that I KNOW not to be true. I'm not part of a "little possy". He could have said that he went in there and they were throwing fish on the floor and it would have been just as untrue as what was said. As store owners we put ourselves in the position for criticism and a lot of other nonsense...it's part of the deal. It's just tough to read someone being critical based upon false statements...that's where I took issue. It wasn't that he had a bad experience...it's that he said they don't "know squat". All I'm saying is that there are some underlying issues there and I hope people will take his opinion for what it's worth.
                          Charles Jones

Comment

Eartheater...... does opinions not work both ways? Is critism now against the rules and not apply when opinions are considered?

I see both sides and both make valid points in different areas.
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

He was just listing his experience with the store. I have heard someone say one thing about a store, and another say something completely different about it. It's just personal experience. Now, let's get back on topic.
                              Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Eartheater, I guess it's easier to trivialize what Charles and I posted by calling us part of a "little possy". Most folks at HFB know that there are few things that Charles and I agree about completely...this subject happens to be one of them. While Frontosaurus Rex is fully entitled to share his opinion, Charles and I are entitled to point out that young Master Rex's opinion is backed by ignorance and personal agenda.

Thanks Ek.

Mark
                                What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                                X