Update on Aquatic World on Jones Rd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Aquatic World on Jones Rd.

I live fairly close to this shop, and have been in there twice in two years, most recently in late April, just a couple weeks ago. I would not recommend anyone who lives far away to make the drive to check this place out. On my recent visit, I must have seen over a dozen dead fish, alot of dirty tanks, and as mentioned in previous postings, I saw molly's with painted designs on them. If I was the owner of this store, I would be embarrassed to have anyone see my display tanks that dirty. The place was a mess, and I felt bad for the larger fish in the back in small tanks. Not one of the two employees even acknowledged our presence, and there where only a few fish that even caught my eye. On a rating scale of up to 5 stars, I would give this LFS one star only.

CF

PS....Stores I like include.....Fish Gallery, Ultimate Fish, and Fishland to name a few.
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Yikes wrong store!

Comment

Re: Update on Aquatic World on Jones Rd.

I went there early and late april. Yes the main tank was a mess i couldnt even see the fish, and in late april the main tank was clearing up, but still way to dirty from previous times i been.

Comment

The place is a mess......I wanted to see a digital tester they had locked in a glass case and the guy acted as though I was asking too much.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by William";p="
          Yikes wrong store!
          What do you mean?
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Is this the store where the employees sit behind the counter and just watch TV?

Comment

Yep, that's the one, the help there is anything but helpful. I felt like I was intruding on both visits.
              Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

their saltwater selection is good, but when it comes down to the fresh water and customer service it is nil. i tried selling fish to them, and they were " it's gray..."
                I said " Yeah they are just babies"
                "well we don't want them, they are gray"
                " they get color when they get older"
                "no"

2 months later i bring in the exact same fish (full color)
                "I just wanted to trade this in"
                "Do you have any more?" he asks
                "no I sold them all to other people, you had your chance. And i feel like not selling him anymore to you. Adios"

Revenge is good.
                Plecos:
                L083 (Gibby)
                L104 (Clown)
                L147 (Peckoltia sp.)
                L155 (A. Hystrix)
                L310 (Red Fin Bruno)
                LDA72 (BN)
                LDA76 (False Zebra)
                Rineloricaria parva (whiptail)
                Rineloricaria lancelota

Comment

I stopped in on my way home this afternoon. The place smelled badly, but it does appear they have been trying to clean it up a bit. The display tanks where cleaner and the main showroom looked a little better organized. It would be nice to see this store keep making positive progress like this, but they have a long way to go. Oh....and the guy watching TV actually smiled and asked me how I was doing today. I'll continue to be opptomistic about Aquatic World.
                  They really need to work on that strong smell though, it hits you as soon as you come thru the front door.

Comment

yes yes... my uncle told me to check this store out cuz they had a good selection (hes a saltwater fan).. i went and was very disappointed very very disappointed.  over priced stuff, no service what so ever.  i asked them about a price for a light i think a 24" and he told me 70 bucks.. and i looked at one the same brand and everything 36" and it had a price tag of 50 bucks.. guess he just spat out a number so he could get back to watchin tv..

horrible prices, horrible service, horrible experience.

Comment

Aquatic World is the place to go for saltwater fish, as well as ghost shrimp. Marine fish selection is great; even better is their live rock and tonga branch.

Comment

Last I went the most of the fish had ich or was lying on their side with all fins missing.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                        X