This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtb...olive or zebra Nerites

Anyone in town have any Nerites? I am looking for either Olives or better yet Zebras so if anyone has any I would buy them!

thanks
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: Wtb...olive or zebra Nerites

nerites do not reproduce in freshwater.   The few of us that have them did a group order last year.

Check with the saltwater group, they may have had some success geting them to reproduce.  Or they may have collected them on one of their field trips.
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Yeah I have read about the breeding situation of Nerites....just wondered if someone had some extras or wanted to part with their's so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of getting some shipped in our funky weather.

Oh well I guess I will be ordering some come monday if there aren't any to be had in Houston.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Rainbowsnails has some, she lives in Lake Jackson but you can pick up the snails in Sugarland.

Comment

Thanks Brownsnout.....I ended up buying mine somewhere else.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

That's funny, I JUST bought some from RainbowSnails, she's shipping them out early this week! What kind did you get, ek? Olive or Zebra?
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I got mine from Wilma (ombocat @ apc) she uses profits and such for the aquarist community/schools and such so I figured it would go to a good cause.

She is breeding Zebra nerites but doen't have much to offer yet so I just got the Olives.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
              X