No announcement yet.

Aquadise???? The fall before the rise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquadise???? The fall before the rise?

Anyone here dealt with the guy before?

I have and though not as good as others I didn't really have a complaint. Figured I post it here for you guys to see since they are local to us.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: Aquadise???? The fall before the rise?

I've bought from them.  Funny reading that thread, my experience was like many of those.  I quite likely will NOT buy from them again.  The biggest irritant was that even with them only 30.1 miles from my front door (according to maps.yahoo), it took 28 days to receive my plants.  

I can deal with no local pickup, the irritating part was that it took so long supposedly because ONE plant (out of about 18) was out of stock.  3 were of their "package" variety, and one variety purchased as an individual bunch.  What the heck are they doing selling stuff if they don't even have it in stock??!!  THAT's what got me.  Definately smells like "drop-shipper" to me.  
    All were shipped in those clear plastic stick-on FedEx shipping label holders that were taped shut (guess that saves on their shipping expense - they offer free shipping).  They didn't even label the bags with what plants were inside.  Without spending a great deal of time comparing the photo with what I got, I don't know if I got what I was supposed to or not.  I was so disgusted by that time that I just tried to save what I could.  Chalked it up to a 'learning experience' and moved on.
    None were "dry" upon arrival, but most weren't in very good health and about 35% of my total purchased was totally dead or already decaying within 3 days.  What did make it is still struggling with the exception of a few.

Around the same time, I placed an order with Aquariumgarden.com and not only were their items very healthy with seemingly no "recoup" time, but they even sent a couple extra "bonus" plants.  I'll stick with them but I'll only order from Aquadise if they have something I just can't live without and no one else has it.
    The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
    Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

I had the same problem as Ek, Took ten days and half died  in 3 days.

Comment

Ok this is now making me so nervous-  I just bought two packages (the Eden and Bliss sets)- ugghhh.  I had no idea this forum existed until Friday- and I just bought these on Wednesday.  :bsoop:  

And since so many people gave Aquadise a good feedback rating I figured it must be fine.   :doh:

I'll post here what I get and what condition when ever it arrives...   :uhoh:

Comment

I probably wouldn't worry too much GatorRock but then again who knows.

I got my plants late but I indeed got them and in good shape.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Well I at least feel better on how "quick" I'll get the plants- as of today I received a tracking # for a priority mail package from Aquadise...  I'll let you know when I get the plants and post pictures.  

Then those who have a better eye than mine can tell me which look like they should (some i just can't tell any difference in).

Comment

Don't really want to dash your hopes, but I bought and paid for my packages on Jan 11, received postal notice with tracking number on the 15th, and received my plants on Feb 22.  Maybe they've improved but I wouldn't hold my breath.  

They were horrible about timely communications too.

I certainly hope you have a better experience with them.
              The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
              Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Well as of this morning (6:13 am to be "precise") the package(s) arrived at my post office- which means it could be delivered later today.  

I'll be letting you know...

Comment

Well I am happy to say I did get my plants today-

Most seem good- I'll be posting them in the plant section- no need to clutter this area- so go check there.

But I will say these few things-

1. Not sure how I feel for the  packaging for plants- if I wasn't in Houston or if I had ordered them in our summer weather they may not have made it.  All came in plastic ziplock bags.  I suppose this is fine, definitely better than nothing, but felt they could have had roots wrapped in a moist paper towel too.

2. Shipping info sent was wrong- luckily paypal was fine with their info.

3. Not everything as promised- missing 1 plant type completely (Java fern lace plants) and not as much Java moss as promised (3 instead of 5 golf ball size pieces)

Minor problems that can be fixed

Comment

After having a plant finally establish itself it has turned out to be the wrong plant.

I had ordered Ammania Gracilis and got something else.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I think I have found another source for nice plants locally and maybe more rare sp. from a person that actually knows plants and puts his hands on them before they go out.

Local pick-up is an option too!
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Well...Who?!?!
                        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
                        X