This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 systems

I'm looking into getting a pressurized co2 system and I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions/ or used ones that they are selling.
    I'm looking for one that you won't have to monkey with all that much, hopefully set it and forget it(if that really can ever actually happen :wink: ) and is pretty fool proof and safe for the fish.

Right now I'm using Flourish Excell on my 90g and it's going to be way too much money in the long run...
    Thanks for any info!!
    -Napoleon

Re: CO2 systems

Excell on a 90g?  Ouch that hurts!  I have an Azoo regulator and have no problems w/ it.  Bought it new for $55.

Comment

I got the same AZOO for $55 and have no problems
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
      n

Comment

I haven't heard too many good things about Azoo...
        taken from another site...
        The problem with the AZoo is it has a screw ajustment for the pressure, and the needle valve is crap. I have a Milwaukee regulator that includes the solenoid, AND a bubblecounter, (which Azoo doesn't have) a fine touch needle valve, an ajustment knob, not a screw for the working pressure, and milwaukee is an American company. Azoo is a chinese company. I got it all for 78.99 from www.aquabotanic.com and they threw in 10 feet of Co2 proof tubing at no charge.
        has anyone had any experience with Milwaukee?? I've heard mixed things, but the deal for $78.99 looks good.
        Also what about this, do I need all of this, is it much safer for the fish to spend the extra money????

Thanks for the help!! 8)

Comment

I use the regulator from rex griggs which is a combination of a beerbeverage regulator and clippard parts. Very high quality imo and it allows fine tuning of the co2.

The controller is nice if you have fish in the tank that are sensitive and its a nice addition to control the co2. Not a must but is a plus!
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yeah I've heard very good things about the Rex Griggs, but pretty pricey too. I guess that you pay for what you get. :wink:

Comment

and you get what you pay for

you could build yourself one withand it would be cheaper.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
              X