This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtb/trade blue lobster

I've got 2 female cherax blue lobsters and would like to trade one of them for a male.  They're both about 3" long and quite entertaining. When they see me put the food  on the stand, they go running to the front of the tank or they scramble up the divider and hang off the plants waving their arms at me (Here I am - feed me!).    One of them will take food right out of my hand or tongs (depending which I'm using).  The other one is not quite so friendly - she's blind on one side and her legs work kinda goofy on that side, but she gets around just fine.  She is also the more dominant of the 2.  I would choose to keep her and let the other go just because I think with time she'll be more friendly.

I don't keep these with fish - there are some ghosts in with them which don't seem to get gobbled up too often, so if you've got fish that's a decision you'll have to make yourself.   I've heard these do OK with fish because they're generally slow (unlike my ditch crawfish which I've had to isolate due to their aggressiveness).  I just never wanted to take the chance.  They eat frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, tropical fish food, crab pellets.  Usually not all at once but usually I give some tropical flakes along with either the bloodworms or frozen shrimp.  They seem to like the occasional piece of spinach or lettuce and peas too.  Great scavengers.
    The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
    Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Re: wtb/trade blue lobster

On second thought (actually it’s way more than second…), I think now I need to wait on this.  I thought they were females but it could be they’re not old enough to display the red on the claw.  I’ll have to get a better look underneath them and maybe I’ll know for sure.  Til then I guess I’ll have to wait on naming them and figuring out which sex I need to have a happy couple.

btw...
    If anyone has a *simple* way of determining sex of these guys, I'd be thankful for the enlightenment!
    The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
    Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Working...
    X