This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Holey Rock ????

Hi.  Anyone have any Texas Holey rock they want to get rid of for free or cheap?  :)  Doesn't hurt to ask huh?  lol

xoxoxo
    Jaclin
    ladyjaf@rwfulkerson.com

Re: Texas Holey Rock ????

Sonny's off of veterans memorial .99 cents a pound

Comment

Thank you so much for this information Lumpy!!!!!!  :)

Hugs,
      Jaclin

Comment

+1 for sunny's, they are nice pieces too!

also the tropical fish on bammel and 249 has them for the same price.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
          +1 for sunny's, they are nice pieces too!

also the tropical fish on bammel and 249 has them for the same price.
          Hi.  Do you know the name of this store?  Or..... is it called tropical fish.  :)

I found the directions to Sunny's and my husband is in Houston on business and will go there to check things out.  I appreciate the info!!!

xoxoxo
          Jaclin

Comment

Jaclin,

Sent you a private message

Comment

AquaZoo has some very nice pieces.  Not sure about the price.  They are near Clear Lake.
              180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Comment

Inwood Aquarium has a carpload of holey rock

Comment

Tropical fish & pets
                  13628 tomball pkwy
                  281-820-9122

oh yeah inwood too!

aquazoo wants like $4 a pound, i found out the embarassing way.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
                    aquazoo wants like $4 a pound, i found out the embarassing way.
                    nice markup

Comment

you telling me, they had numbers written on the rock and me and the fiance starting picking them out but when we started to haul the rocks to the counter we double checked and the numbers are the weight of the rock x$3-4 so embarassing to say the rocks had to be hauled back to the pile.

there were very nice rocks about 1.5' squared with circled 34 on it so we thought it was $34 but it turned out to be almost $100 8O   about the size of which i got from tropical and sunny's for a lot less.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

ek, WOW........the holey rock at AquaZoo is nice, but that is high.  I paid $1.50/lb at Aquarium Environments in the Village near Rice University.  They had a huge holey rockyard behind their office.
                        180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Comment

Originally posted by semper";p="
                          Jaclin,

Sent you a private message
                          Please forgive me for this, but I can't find your private message and I know you sent it to me as I remember seeing it.  Any way you can resend info?  Sorry about that!

Jaclin

Comment

Ummmmmmmm....... We were at Aqua Zoo a couple of days ago and they told us their Holey Rock is $2.29 a pound.  My husband went to Sunny's today and had a bad experience and walked out.  Yes, they did have Holey Rock for .99 a pound, but the really nice stuff was a different story.  The two pieces that my husband was ready to buy for me.... they looked at them and said they wanted $150. for one of them and $160. for the other because they were considered to be "show pieces".  They sure were not .99 per pound!!  Go figure...  We'll probaby end up going to Aqua Zoo and getting one of their nice pieces.  If anyone knows of a better deal for some "NICE" holey rock, please let me know...  

Thanks for keeping this going for me..

xoxoxo to you all,
                            Jaclin

Comment

Oh, I forgot to say...... It would have been nice if Sunny's had a sign that said...... Ugly Holey Rock .99 per pound.... Pretty ones are way more expensive.......

xoxoxo
                              Jaclin

Comment

Working...
                              X