Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggressive fish would like a new home

Hello everyone,
    I have a fish that was sold to me as a Guppy, but I really don't believe she's a guppy.  She's not much to look at, very dull, kind of ugly.  She's very aggressive too.  She's about the size of a large Guppy.  I believe she's even pregnant by one of my male guppies, but she's just too aggressive for me to keep her.  She rips my Guppies' fins to shreds.

I can't bring myself to flush or freeze her.  She has a lot of spunk, and I kind of admire her for that.  It's just not suitable for my community tank, and I'm tired of havign to devote an entire breeding cubby to her.  Any takers?  She might be good with other aggressive fish like tetras or even cichlids.  I bet she could fend off a small Oscar.  If anyone's interested, drop me a note.  I live in Pearland, and you could come get her or I could drop her off somewhere if it's not too far.
    Brandi :-)

Re: Aggressive fish would like a new home

Aggressive fish?!?!? More like a feeder to me . If it can fit in the oscars mouth, then it is a feeder,haha.

Comment

I think the aggression is a bad trait. If she were defending herself or eating live food it would be OK but if she goes around ripping all of the fins off of all of Jose's Oscars when they are just minding their own business it is a bad thing. We have too much aggression in our society already. The TV and video games are full of violence. I think it influences our behavior to believe that all this violence and aggression is normal or acceptable. I know it is hard to destroy the fish and it is your decision. Best of luck to both of you.

max

Comment

I agree, you shouldn't let your fish play video games.  :P

Comment

Yea, definitely start monitoring what they are watching on TV. LOL.
          Live Fast, Die Young, Leave A Good Looking Corpse!

Been in hobby since March 2006

Comment

I think the music is important too. I read something about that in the diseases and disasters forum.

max

Comment

Definately,  I play military marches for my bettas before I send them to shows.
              'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
              He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Do you have a picture of her?
                "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

OMG you guys are hilarious!  Yeah, that's it, my fish just got the idea from watching my toddler slap the tank when mommy's not watching.  Really, guys, if she were in the wild, this sort of behaviour would be what kept her alive and a contributing member of the gene pool.  So you can't really blame her for it.  Jose, I'll make you a deal, if I don't get any takers soon, you can have her as Oscar bait.  At least then the meat won't go to waste.  Unless, that is, if she's spunky enough to hold her own against them.  You could sell tickets: "Little ugly wildwoman fish takes on hungry Oscar and survives!  Oscar holds head down in shame...."
                  Brandi  :-)

Comment

Are you sure she's a guppy?  She does sound really aggro.  She might be a mosquito fish, in which case I would take her... I have a bunch of them.
                    Zone 9
                    150G stock tank: one RES and a buncha mosquito fish.
                    2 half-barrels with mosquito fish & snails.
                    Seeking 2 small goldies!

Comment

I'll take if you are not to far away. Where do you live?

Comment

Thanks so much for the offer.  Actually, I should have thought to update this post, because this fish passed on a while back, apparently of old age.  I think she had been a mosquito fish, or Gambusia, as a previous poster suggested.  Thank you anyway though.
                        Brandi  :-)

Comment

Working...
                        X