This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meeting Annoncements and Updates

What does that bring your count up to on those guys now?  You need to put me in line for some of the little ones....Skylair really liked them.  And we all know that when the little woman likes them, that's the green light to buy some.  When she saw them that night at Raul's she asked why I didn't buy them in the first place.....I was literally shocked!!!!

Comment

As stated before,  The club has no dues or requirements at this time to be a member.

The requirement is that you must pm me your email, and any other contact information you wish to volunteer.
      380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
      300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
      180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
      150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

geoff,whats up.count me in on the tropheus club.if nov 3 is the day for rock,i want to go.i ve been reading your posts on cf about bringing fish in.that sounds real good.alex wont usually bring in much lamp type stuff.not popular enough.are you wanting to just bring tropheus-petros or is anything on the list fair game.thanks,rob teague.  gravypdis@yahoo.com  2814631265

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Upcoming Events

1.  Rock Dig in Burnet, Texas December 15th. - Look for the Posting and Calender Event

2.  Mike Bailey of Texas Tropheus Traders, is sponsoring a Wild Fish Group Order from African Cichlids Aquaculture - Look for the Thread in the forum

3.  Trip to College Station in January for site visit to Texas Tropheus Traders Fishroom Tour

4.  Late November Club Meeting at Derek "delock's" a.k.a Mr. Nobody's house.

Have fun..

Geoff

Comment

CLUB EVENTS UPDATE

1. I just wanted to say that we had a very successfult rock dig with a number of photos already posted and information in this forum thread.

2.  The wild fish group order that Mike sponsored completed with no issues.  I know there were some problems and maybee some un-resolved issues still, but hopefully another day will come where we can organize another one, and utilizing the lessons learned from mistakes and oversights, that the next one will be a much more pleasurable experince.

3.  The tank tour at Mike's January flutter out because nearly everyone got a tour when they went to pick up their wild fish order.  So, we shall look forward to re-scheduling this after Basketball season and have a nice spring mixer.

4.  The meeting at Derek's did not pan out, a lot of suprises and schedule issues arose.  What I would like to do is ask Derek, if he is still willing to host our next meeting, and also get some updated contact information on members.

5.  Membership drive - I would like to thank everyone who has been a part of this, and who have stuck with me in the past 2 years to try to make this work.  I know it has been really hard getting us together, and I really want to make a goal of 2008 to make atleast quarterly meetings.  So, with that said please send me a updated phone/email for contact information.  And I will get back to you when Derek and I can get this organized.

Take care,

Geoff

Comment

March Club Events

1. Tank Tours - Saturday March 29th See Thread for Tropheus and Petrochromis Tank Tours - Houston

Working on getting a weekend date scheduled with Derek for Meeting in April, possible Friday before the Tank Tour.

We shall see..

Geoff

Comment

I think a weekend day would be better. Would 6pm be too late?

Comment

I dont think 6pm would be too late.

Just an idea, but if the tank tour ends early we could just go back to your place, but that could be a lot for one day for some people.

Geoff

Comment

so drop off the keg at delock's then?  

Comment

I am new to houston fish box, and would love to join.  I have been keeping tropheus for aboout a month now.  I started with a King Kariza (kaiser II), and have grown to two red rainbows and 1 pine apple with 23 chimba reds. These fish are so addicting its not funny.  I currently have bought a few from alex at Ultimate Fish, but got a great deal from a nice man named willie for 20 chimba reds.  Willie pointed me to this site, and i would love to join.
                        Got Dovii??? I do!!!

Comment

ok....all you had to do was sign up

Welcome!

Comment

I'd like to offer my place for your next meeting...just let me know a date and time.
                            --Charles
                            Charles Jones
                            http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
                            Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Welcome to the crazy addiction known as Tropheus.  They are very addicting..and you'll find yourself getting rid of furniture soon to make room for more tanks,...

I dont need that stero and couch, I can put a 8ft 300 gallon right there...

Dont ask...

Geoff

Comment

Charles,

Thank you for this offer, I appreciate it greatly.

PM sent.

Geoff

Comment

Working...
                                X