This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Hand Sale

Village Tropicals is having a Garage sale this Saturday.
    They have some used equipment & tanks that will be available

It's a good excuse to make the trip and look at their fish.
    10 Cardnals, a pair of guppies and a bag of live adult bringshrimp jumped in my car while I was looking at the plants..... :P
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Re: Second Hand Sale

Daddy always says:"If you can't be smart be lucky. If you are lucky enough you will be smart too." You sure are lucky. Those are a great bunch of guys at Village Tropicals.

max

Comment

They're on Shepherd, right?  I need to start gathering for the Discus tank I want to set up and that sounds like a good place to check out.
      Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Village Tropical Fish
        3612 South Shepherd
        Houston, TX 77098
        (713)524-0173
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I've always done well there.  I remember the last garage sale.  I went to get some lighting for my 30 gallon and I ended up with some angels, a dwarf gourami, and my co-worker ended up with a busted 150 gallon tank that he's converting into a snake tank.

Comment

At least it's fairly close to home.  Of course, I don't plan on getting anything big.  Maybe I can find a 20gl  long that I have room for.

Comment

Opps, My bad.  The sale is next Saturday - on the first of April

Does this qualify as the first April Fools message ?

Comment

When the sale will start?

Comment

I know they open at 10am, I am guessing that's when it starts.

Comment

I've been there before too.  Ended up buying a fancy new 60g tank for a decent price and two 20g tanks w/lights and hood for $20 a piece.  Some of the used stuff is ok.  

I find that the village has some nice fish, but they are for sure not the most affordable in town.

Raul
                    Raul
                    PokerFace

Comment

Quality is like Oats.
                      If you want the best you have to pay a little more.
                      But if you're willing to settle for what's been through the horse,
                      you can get it for a whole lot less.

8O

Comment

You better know your pricing before you purchase something from them on garage sale days. Everything sold does NOT come with a quarantee. It is sold as is. If your going to buy a tank make sure they will fill it 1st.
                        If you are carefull you can get a good deal.

Walter
                        Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
                        Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
                        Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

PhishPhreek,

What you said is true to some extent, but consider this....

They have a nicer, cleaner store than most.
                          Their location has something to do with it too....that area is expensive to live and own a business.
                          They got like a dozen people that work there.
                          The owner only shows up a few times a week to check on things.

I'm just saying you can find comparable fish and products elsewhere for a better price that have less overhead is all.

And well said Walter.

Raul
                          Raul
                          PokerFace

Comment

Working...
                          X