White Calcium spots on aquarium glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Calcium spots on aquarium glass

What is the best way to remove white calcium spots on aquarium glass. I have gotten most of the thicker spots off with a razor blade. I just can't get the thin white layer off.

Ive heard clr works real good

Comment

CLR is work but take some time for it. you can use the Kem-Tek Muriatic Acid, it sell at Lowes or hardware store $8 to $10. It work good for me when I clean the salt water tank that I bought while ago. You have to lay the tank on the side and pour the acid on the place where you want clean and let it soak for 30 minutes for the calcium react with the acid (make sure your soak the acid at the spot ). Use the Scotch Scrub Sponge lightly remove the white spot. I did twice to remove all white spot Calcium in the back of my tank. ( Do not use the razor blade it will scratch you tank as I did) I hope it work for you.

Comment

i had the same issue buying my used tank. they never kept it full so had hardwater residue on the top maybe 3 inches inside the glass. i tend to shy away from CLR and other cleaning supplies on inside surfaces

i used a 50/50 mix of lemon juice and vinegar. soaked some paper towels in the solution and laid it on the stains for a while.

didnt get it completely off, but better than it was before. can still see a some haze. same site i got that suggestion off of said muriatic acid was their best suggestion

Comment

Great point Morpheus to use lemon juice and vinegar as natural acid avoid chemical acid. learn some everyday...

Comment

Working...
          X