Regal tang!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regal tang!

I bought a regal tang Saturday from the fish bowl in pearland when we got home I notice it had a Lil bit of ick so I started the treatment this morning he was dead! Question is does fish bowl do returns or have a Warranty on their live stock they don't open till 1 and I need to know now lol I spent $59 on the fish that lived two days so I'm kinda upset

How big was he.

Comment

About 2.5"

Comment

They told me no but he said he will hook me up with nice discount on the next fish

Comment

I'm curious as to what method you used to "cure" the Marine Ich?

Comment

I'm just wondering because the "only" way to cure MI is to QT the fish for 11-12 weeks in a tank that is hyposalinity (fallow). No other cures are anywhere near as successful. Also, MI is one of the most "misdiagnosed" fish ailments out there. You may not have even had ich to begin with.

I highly recommend quarantining all new fish for 6-8 weeks before adding to your display tanks. If MI is prevalent during the QT period, run the tank fallow for 11-12 weeks before introducing the new fish. It is very troublesome to say the least, and it's one of the main reason most of us like dealing with corals first. :)

Sorry to hear about your fish.

Comment

Kordon ick attack! I've had good results using it in the past with my yellow tang but not this time

Comment

No offense, but that stuff is absolute snake oil. There's no way that it could work, and no way they could prove that it could work in marine aquariums.

At least you're getting a discount on the next fish. :)

Comment

Thanks for the advice the reason I don't have a qt is because I live in an apt and they give me crap about one tank they would flip if I added another

Comment

The only ick medication that I found work is

Its a frozen food mixed with medication so it won't affect the water and treat the ick from the inside out. I used it for my gold flake angel and my yellow belly blue tang. Only took 3 days with twice a day feeding schedule and the ick is gone and water parameter stays normal

Comment

Flush method works great for me with MI.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

who carries it locally?

Comment

FJW has Dr.G's stuff

Comment

cool thanks!

how much is each one?

Comment

Where is fjw?

Comment

Working...