Koi breeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koi breeding

I was wondering if anyone who has some experience with breeding koi would be willing to take an hour or so and show me their set up, and talk me through it. If you would, that would be great. Thanks in advance!

I have heard that Koi's are one of the hardest pond fish to get to breed not sure if that is true or not maybe someone with more experenice could chime in here...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Mermaid View Post
      I have heard that Koi's are one of the hardest pond fish to get to breed not sure if that is true or not maybe someone with more experenice could chime in here...
      Interesting. I've heard the exact opposite. The only reason why I can see that they would even be considered hard to breed is that they'll devour the eggs, but almost all fish will do that.

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
        Interesting. I've heard the exact opposite. The only reason why I can see that they would even be considered hard to breed is that they'll devour the eggs, but almost all fish will do that.
        Very easy to breed koi. I bred mine last year look for the thread.

Comment

Re: Koi breeding

Originally posted by flounder View Post
          Very easy to breed koi. I bred mine last year look for the thread.
          Yup.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

Gotta rephrase both of you are right.

Veryeasy to breed to get eggs but very very difficult to keep tens of thousands of fries alive. The best quality koi are the weakest so are first to die.

Comment

Working...
            X