Agression!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agression!!!!!!!!!

Ok the other day I added 10 new Ndoles and everyone was ok now today im watching 3 from my original group running everyone off they have all the trophs in the center of the 2 rock piles the petros are pushed to the corner (alot of the petros are the same size or bigger) and all 3 are taking turns beating everyone.... Qustion is I've never had them fighting this bad should i remove the rocks for a few days or just rescape the tank???

Who is being aggressive? the Ndoles? If so yes remove all the rocks out of the tank and keep the lights to a min. Also consider in adding more fish
    175 tropheus Chaitika
    125 tropheus Ujiji
    90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

Ya its the ndoles and ive got 35 fish in the tank

Comment

You pissed them off. Could be females doing some of the beating. I have a female now that fights with males. I would do what Luis said. You should've vented the fish.
        210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
        125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymisty View Post
          Ya its the ndoles and ive got 35 fish in the tank
          Well, what size tank? filtration? what are the other fish?
          175 tropheus Chaitika
          125 tropheus Ujiji
          90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

Wow I'm having the same issue but mine is due to not having enough fish and having just 1 male but I took all the rocks out and only turn the tank lights on to feed the fish and that has somewhat helped but I need to get more fish
            125g: Empty For Now
            90g: Planted S.A.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
            Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Tank is a 6' 125 15 Ndoles 5 Blue rainbows 10 petro famula chimbas 3 clown loaches and 2 abn plecos the 3 ndoles are just arseholes ive got all the rocks out gonna leave it that way for a day or 2 then rescape 2 of the new ndoles are females for sure there vents are down others added are to small to vent

Comment

Im gonna let them settle and before i rescape im gonna make an attempt to vent a long shot since ive never done it but gotta learn somehow

Comment

Well good luck with your aggression issues I think adding more fish will fix my little issue
                  125g: Empty For Now
                  90g: Planted S.A.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
                  Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by LordBarron7692 View Post
                    Well good luck with your aggression issues I think adding more fish will fix my little issue
                    Im sure it will when i had just the 5 ndoles and 5 blue rainbows they were at it as well not this bad and i added the petros and that stopped i didnt think they would brawl like this just adding more there was zero aggression when the petros got added

Comment

Theyve calmed down some now all rocks are out and lights off

Comment

I feel like thats not to many fish man, i had to add 20 trophs to a colony of 30 just because two males got aggressive and were killing off the females. Just watch them closely and remove the rocks for a few days and then rescape the tank will be my suggestion
                        175 tropheus Chaitika
                        125 tropheus Ujiji
                        90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

Originally posted by New_Cichlid11 View Post
                          I feel like thats not to many fish man, i had to add 20 trophs to a colony of 30 just because two males got aggressive and were killing off the females. Just watch them closely and remove the rocks for a few days and then rescape the tank will be my suggestion
                          Thanks for the info and i know thats still nowhere near the numbers i want but its getting better in a month or 2 imma add 10-20 more ndoles if he still has some available

Comment

Re: Agression!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by New_Cichlid11 View Post
                            +1
                            20g mixed reef

Comment

It also depends on what you did when introducing the fish. When I introduce new fish to my tanks I do a water change and remove all the rocks. Reintroduce the rocks a few days later to give everyone a chance to claim territory.
                              210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
                              125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

Working...
                              X