Need betta help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need betta help

So my wife lost her job today and brought her betta home. We have a 30 breeder with a few guppies, neon tetras, a female betta, an angel, and a few bottom feeders. Would the male be ok I'm the tank with the female?
    29 Gallon SA Tank -- 5 Bleeding Heart Tetras, Mated Pair of Angels, 7 Green Corys, and a Rubberlip Pleco

30 Gallon Breeder -- 20+ neon tetras, 3 albino cories, 2 albino bristlenose plecos, female betta, 1 angel

5 Gallon Shrimp Nano - Sakura Red Shrimp, Boraras Brigittae, Oto Cats, Olive Nerites, and Pink Ramshorn

It will likely bully her, especially if she is solitary in the tank. I have heard that having a trio of females in a tank with males can spread the aggression and breeding drive. A small tank or vase can work temporarily if given adequete water changes, at least for the short term.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

Why not leave the male bettas in where they are now?

The male betta will harass the others and the angel will most likely nip at all the betta's fins if it's a fancy tail
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Need betta help

It's in a half gallon thought the bigger would be nice
        29 Gallon SA Tank -- 5 Bleeding Heart Tetras, Mated Pair of Angels, 7 Green Corys, and a Rubberlip Pleco

30 Gallon Breeder -- 20+ neon tetras, 3 albino cories, 2 albino bristlenose plecos, female betta, 1 angel

5 Gallon Shrimp Nano - Sakura Red Shrimp, Boraras Brigittae, Oto Cats, Olive Nerites, and Pink Ramshorn

Comment

i'd leave it in its current home, or get a bigger bowl-type container.
          my fish house:
          2.5g- ramshorn hatchery
          6g eclipse- yellow shrimp, chili rasboras, yellow apple snails
          29g- geo grow-out, angels, 12"fire eel, dwarf frog, apple snails
          45g- jade sleeper gobies, native killifish, feeder endlers

75g-
          2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby
          125g- fahaka puffer, rainbow shark
          and about a dozen bettas....

Comment

Working...
          X