Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Well, today isn't my day boys. I think I'm going to have to sell my setup or something. My coralife shorted and i used my back up metal halide pendant, and that shorted out after 30 minutes of use. I have time bomb in my fish tank, that Condy is going to die soon and it will ruin my fish tank. I don't know what to do and I just got settled. I really appreciate everyone here.

It's a bow front 26 gallon, I have a baby clownfish, yellow watchmen, 6 line, 5 hammer coral heads, one frog spawn head, 20 pounds of live rock, 15 pounds of crushed coral, red sea skimmer 60, CPR Refugium, 550 koralia power head, jäger heater 100 watt, Condy anemone, a lot of snails, bicolor gramma.

Comment

what happen to the pendant?
      175 tropheus Chaitika
      125 tropheus Ujiji
      90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

Can a mod move this to discussion ?

Comment

Re: Help

You didn't have a surge protector on the lights?

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

You should post this in the general saltwater section instead. Unless you're trying to sell or buy something?

Comment

Originally posted by Ballinxalex View Post
              Can a mod move this to discussion ?
              +1

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
                You should post this in the general saltwater section instead. Unless you're trying to sell or buy something?

In which case there needs to be a price...
                20g mixed reef

Comment

I don't know, I sunk about 400$ or 500$ into it.

Comment

So I will say 400$.

Comment

So you're paying $400 for some help?

Comment

Ill say this if your worried about the condy dying either give it away free or flush it rather than risking everything in your tank. Ya i know its probably not what you want to hear but better it than everything in your tank

Comment

Originally posted by Johnsbra123 View Post
                          Well, today isn't my day boys. I think I'm going to have to sell my setup or something. My coralife shorted and i used my back up metal halide pendant, and that shorted out after 30 minutes of use. I have time bomb in my fish tank, that Condy is going to die soon and it will ruin my fish tank. I don't know what to do and I just got settled. I really appreciate everyone here.

I tried to tell you.

cheap is not always better. You went about it the wrong way from the get go. Sorry this had to happen.

hope it doesn't discourage you.

Comment

So u are saying ur light is out ? If so just cough out some cash and buy a new one with a better power source

Comment

I know you hated us all for the advice we gave you and for telling you to slow down, but this is precisely why we told you! Please don't let it put you off though, start again with what you have, TAKE YOUR TIME, and research everything before uh buy. I've been shocked with the number of questions and requests you've made that could have been solved by simply searching Google or the forums first (the tangs in a 40/50 gallon for example, Google "how large an aquarium is needed for tangs and the first 3 million results would have shown you it is just a bad idea all round)
                              You said in a previous post, you couldn't understand why we were telling you to slow down, you felt you were going slow enough already, but that is excitement speaking and not rational thinking, having your tank set up for a month then rushing out and buying everything you see is not taking your time (as evidenced by the condy and dottyback that you quickly realised were poor choices)
                              Whenever you go to the lfs, take your phone with you and research on the spot anything you like, and have the courage to say NO to anything that you are even just unsure about. Believe me, its a skill we all have to learn, and my wife HATES me whenever I tell her we can't have whatever pretty specimen she wants! Trust me though, its better to be upset for an hour or two that you couldn't have something than the slow heartbreak of watching a bad purchase slowly decline and the misery of knowing its your own choices that killed that absolutely beautiful little creature.
                              Please don't think were just bashing you, it stems from concern, both for you and your livestock....that tank you're setting up at school, how good a grade do you think you'll get if everything you set up is dead in a month? Or the huge tangs tear each other apart only for your teacher to arrive in the morning and have to deal with the aftermath?
                              Please, DO start again, but also, DONT disregard good advise from people who HAVE been there before and can give you the benefit of their experience.
                              Having said all that, I'm gutted things have started to go wrong for you, its an amazing hobby and I hope in time you'll get everything you want from it......in time!

Comment

Working...
                              X