Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you think of these lights.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think of these lights.......

I have BRAND NEW, CUSTOM MADE PAR38 LED Lights for coral reef aquariums. They are full spectrum which means they are not just blue and white LEDs, yet they have green, hyper red, and true violet LEDs. The LEDs are powerful 2 watt LEDs. These lights will bring out a stunning coloration on your fish and corals that you cannot achieve with other lights and they also have an incredible shimmer effect if you agitate the surface of the water. The optics on these lights are at 60 degrees which makes them perfect for nano reef tanks. The 60 degree optics with direct more light right into your tank which will greatly benefit corals and clams! One light can work on any tank from 8 to 29 gallons. Dump your old stock lighting on your nanocube or biocube and upgrade to a light that will blow your old lights away! These were custom built to my specifications which means there are no others quite like this one for this price!

LEDs used
    2- 12000k white
    2- deep blue
    4- royal blue
    2- true violet
    1- green
    1- hyper red

And since they are PAR38 lights, they will fit into any regular screw type light socket! No worrying about ballasts or anything, all the wiring is already in the bulb! get the light fixture that you like the most to hang this over your tank!

$80 each, Call or text 832-618-9092. pick up in houston by 610 and Ella. I also take Paypal, please ad $3 for paypal fee. Shipping also available if you pay through paypal.

tags: coral corals frag frags sps lps clam aquarium fish tank t5 led halide live rock sand saltwater

Interesting... Ive been looking for something like this as well. Any comments/feedback would be much appreciated.
    30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

yeh but what kind of housing would you use? those regular clamp light at HD?

4293c45c-7098-4ffa-8e91-6f3a543fa771_300.jpg

Comment

A few people use PAR leds here. For say a 40g tank, you would need 3-4 of them for SPS and for that much you could get a nice fixture for 400.00

Comment

Something sturdy, those bulbs are really heavy

Comment

yehhh just though these would be bright enough...

Comment

Im thinking Id rather buy an all in one LED fixture. Something slim & modern.
              30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

i seen some nice led lights at HD. those bulbs at $80 each seems pricey. have you tried the store cheap lights on i-45 north? they sale bunch of light s and bulbs for dj/concert events. those light are bright.
                75g Tank,
                2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
                10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                10g Tank
                Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

yeh ive bought from cheap lights before...i got the par 64 fishing lights.

Comment

I have been doing a lot of research on the e26/27 LED Par 38 bulbs. They are all inclusive bulbs so simple to used. They are big and somewhat heavy. The angle depends on the optics, these, in the list are 60 degrees. I think they would work great for a nano tank but it would take several to cover the area of a larger tank. You would need atleast 4 for a 75g. Not sure how much penetration you would get in a deeper tank like a 120 gallon. A 60 degree spread is not much. You would have to hang the lights high above the display to get coverage. For me I just dont see the need for the Green, and red led. The cool white would have those colors in the spectrium. Seems redundant, also, expect algae problems with peaks in that color range. I have decided that the best use of one of these bulbs is as supplemental lighting for a specific area of a tank that is not getting illuminated well. I know some people that swear by them. I also know alot of hobbists that are switching back to MH/PC or T5 because they are just not getting the coloration and growth they felt they had with the more traditional lighting. I personally have no problem with saving energy with LED, but for us on a budget, it is a boom when someone wants to unload an expensive traditional lighting system for LED. Because the traditional lighting is in low demand, we poorer hobbists can get some great lights CHEAP! In my opion if you system is working great now dont change. I DO NOT consider LED an upgrade. My 2 cents.
                    Last edited by Bakapuma; 09-28-2012, 06:54 AM.
                    My fish has no eye, he is called "fsh"

Comment

what do you think of these lights.......

I will go LED on my next build but I have tried the PAR38 and they have good colors but PAR on them isn't great and the spread isn't there either. 90 degrees is best. I would only use them as supplement because to get enough par and spread for a tank it will almost be the same price as a fixture.
                      Resident fish bum
                      330G FOWLR
                      34G Reef
                      330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                      28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

has anyone thought of using car HID kits to light up a tank? i havent searched about it yet just thought about it...

kits are mad cheap like $40 on harwin..just have to figure out how to fire them up.

Comment

Originally posted by madehtsobi View Post
                          has anyone thought of using car HID kits to light up a tank? i havent searched about it yet just thought about it...

kits are mad cheap like $40 on harwin..just have to figure out how to fire them up.
                          I think there's a member here that uses HID kits to light up their tank. I remember it popping up somewhere on here. I'd think it would be the same way you hook them up to a car. HID→Ballast→Power source.

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
                            I think there's a member here that uses HID kits to light up their tank. I remember it popping up somewhere on here. I'd think it would be the same way you hook them up to a car. HID→Ballast→Power source.

need to search...wonder how their tank is..

Comment

How about these lights? It sounds pretty cool being fully submersible and all.

Hidden LED Lighting System

Comment

Working...
                              X