led lights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• led lights...

There is a guy that rigs led lights on boats and what not. And I am wondering if I can use them on a reef tank. Only problems is you wont be able to; adjust the leds. It just comes on and off. He makes them any length you n eed with any color you want. He can convert DC to AC also.

Here's the specs of the leds....

Color: Red, Cool White, Blue, Green and Amber View angle: 120° Working Voltage: 12VDC LED Quantity: 300 leds/16 Feet Working Current/meter: 0.35-0.4A Output power: 20-24W /16 Foot Strip Working Tempreture:-20 to 50° Protection Rate IP65 (waterproof) Luminous Flux = Brightness: 180-220 Lumens/Meter Size: L500cm (5M) x W0.8cm x T0.25cm Life span: 50,000 plus hours
    Last edited by ttran1130; 09-20-2012, 05:27 PM.

There are diy kits for leds make sure you get good quality 3 watt leds you can get dimmable drivers to control your leds not hard to fo they have solderless kits as well

Comment

How much are the DIY kits? He charges $45 for a 6ft.

Comment

Not sure its been awhile google diy led kits or look on here theres a thread for it as well

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ttran1130 View Post
              There is a guy that rigs led lights on boats and what not. And I am wondering if I can use them on a reef tank. Only problems is you wont be able to; adjust the leds. It just comes on and off. He makes them any length you n eed with any color you want. He can convert DC to AC also.

Here's the specs of the leds....

Color: Red, Cool White, Blue, Green and Amber View angle: 120° Working Voltage: 12VDC LED Quantity: 300 leds/16 Feet Working Current/meter: 0.35-0.4A Output power: 20-24W /16 Foot Strip Working Tempreture:-20 to 50° Protection Rate IP65 (waterproof) Luminous Flux = Brightness: 180-220 Lumens/Meter Size: L500cm (5M) x W0.8cm x T0.25cm Life span: 50,000 plus hours
              That's too little power, you'll need at least 6W/ft to be decent on an aquarium, based on the output of my Ecoxotic Stunner strips. And you'll have to check on the light spectrum as well.
              http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

everything you need here http://www.rapidled.com/
                beam me up

Comment

Working...
                X