What is a good heater to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good heater to use?

Temp in the house is 70. What is a good heater to use?
    Last edited by Darbex; 09-19-2012, 01:31 PM. Reason: People got Offended by title

Eheim Jäger is reliable but any heater will work

Comment

My all glass aquarium heater got its beat last night! How many watts should I get for my 26 gallon?
      Last edited by Johnsbra123; 09-19-2012, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Stupid parents and the air conditioner

Cobalt aquatics has a new heater out made of plastic it's Shatterprof and unbreakable. Mr saltwater tv just reviewed it

Comment

Called the neo-therm

Comment

you only need about 3-5 watts per gallon here in texas, and its often best to split the wattage across two heaters but most people dont bother to take that precaution. if only using one and its going into a SW tank with rocks, i would recommmend any of the unbreakable Ti types. as far as brands i mainly use eheim/ebo-jager glass types or inline hydor types.
            75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
            28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
            12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
            29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
            45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
            33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Any heater will work 75-100W is all you need. Not sure that the AC had anything to do with it. With the lights, pumps, and etc the tank probably will never get to that low of a temp and it would be a slow decline that they could adjust to anyways. I have a nano tank in my sons room with no heater and the lights are LEDs so no real heat and its still 2 degrees above ambient and the house is set at 71 at night.
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

I have a 26 gallon bow front with a CPR Refugium. Should I go with the 100 watt or 150 watt?

Comment

I'd go with the 100w neo therm go read th reviews about it I can't wait for the 200 w to come out

Comment

If I buy the neo therm, will it hold it's value because I don't want to blow 72$ on a heater that will be worth 20$ after one use?

Comment

all aquarium supplies don't hold value, Beside the eco vortechs. If you're worried about the value of the equipment is down the road you're in the wrong hobby

Comment

Go and buy an eheim,or a Aqueon I have 2 Aqueon. And I love it .
                        125 gal-P. Kachase,simochromis, vampire pleco,bn pleco,bulldog pleco

55 gal- Ilangis ,clown pleco,abn pleco,rubber lip pleco

55 gal-Canary cheek,Ikola,duboisi, and fry

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

Fluvals are good and fishland has some cheap ones that work good don't know brand but I've used one for as year Moe with no problems cost $20 for a 200 watt I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Johnsbra123 View Post
                            My mother put the house at 70 degrees, almost wiped out all of my fish! What's the best heater? I have to buy it today.

I ain't skimping out on these so shoot me a heater that keeps the temp up and perfect for sw
                            Stupid parent put the the house at 70?
                            You should try outdoor, it's warmer most of the time. (for you that is)

Comment

From the reviews I've read this new neo therm is supposed to be pretty awesome. Only promblem right now is that they hadn't made the 150 and 200 watt yet

Comment

Working...
                              X