Fragging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fragging

I was given two free frags today. A Kenya tree and some hair like neon coral. I have river bands on them now, how long do I keep the rubber bands on?

Super glue gel and glue them on

Comment

They naturally sit on the rock. So I don't need to glue them. When will they come out?

Comment

If they are encrusted on rock already that's fine if they aren't its best to glue them down so they stay put it takes a day or so to open if your tank isn't cycled and you have 2 much ammonia, nitrates/nitrites they might not open your if your flow is to much in the tank theyll be irritated and won't open fully or at all

Comment

I'm keeping the flow off of them till they stick.

Comment

Are they on a frag plug or a small piece of rock or just loose cause if just loose keep an eye on them currents will move them around and they can get behind the rocks then have to move everything to get them out

Comment

I know! It's happened twice now. I have the in some calm parts and they are sitting down, the Kenya tree is slowing coming out, the other isnt so happy.

Comment

My green star polp came out! Woop, I'm excited! It's beautiful! But sadly my Kenya tree isn't coming out. It has fluffed up alittle but it hasn't come out. I did experience a temp fluctuation from 78 down to 70 and now up to 78 and stable. It's on a low flow shelf like rock. It has some direct light but no more than 1/4 direct light. Is it dead or just sheltering?

Comment

It's really hard to kill Kenya Tree. It's commonly referred to as a "reef weed," so I don't think you have killed it. Judging by your posts (I'm trying to keep up with you) you need to get a heater in there. Reefs can handle some temperature swing, but that is simply too much, and too cold (based on your floor and ceiling indications). 78 would be just fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X