Mandatory acceptance of Fish Market Rules - Coming Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandatory acceptance of Fish Market Rules - Coming Soon

Shortly I will be setting up a set up basic rules for the Fish Market that must be accepted before you are allowed to enter the Fish Market forums. You will have to accept the rules for each individual forum in the Fish Market category. You will only have to accept it once for each forum.

Recently we've had several members who refuse to follow the rules. Many of you may find it entertaining to instigate, insult, attack, or comment negatively when certain members post, but HFB is not that kind of website. If you want to be a keyboard bully, take it someplace else. If a member gets on your nerves, DON'T READ THEIR POSTS.

If you would like to retain your Fish Market privileges, we ask that you follow the rules. I want everyone to enjoy using HFB, but if your fun comes at the expense of other members, your privileges will be restricted or terminated.
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Re: Mandatory acceptance of Fish Market Rules - Coming Soon

Traci, I would also like to see more active moderator presence in the market (typo fixed) sections. Some of these incidents should be nipped in the bud and they will occur regardless of whether a member agrees to the new rules. I know this will add to the stress on the current set of mods. Maybe more mods are needed who are on the forum a lot more than the average member?
    Last edited by SunnyHouTX; 09-17-2012, 02:37 PM.
    http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
      Traci, I would also like to see more active moderator presence in the maker sections. Some of these incidents should be nipped on the bud and they will occur regardless of whether a member agrees to the new rules. I know this will add to the stress on the current set of mods. Maybe more mods are needed who are on the forum a lot more than the average member?
      agree 100% just take my thread yesterday as an example
      dont bro me if you dont know me!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
        Traci, I would also like to see more active moderator presence in the market (typo fixed) sections. Some of these incidents should be nipped in the bud and they will occur regardless of whether a member agrees to the new rules. I know this will add to the stress on the current set of mods. Maybe more mods are needed who are on the forum a lot more than the average member?
        I hear ya. The Fish Market is a really busy forum, I know, and it's getting out of control. But somehow we've been able to survive since 2006 without treating the members like little kids who are forced into a timeout by Mommy. I really want to put the primary responsibility of behaving like civilized human beings on the members if at all possible. HFB is a fairly small forum, compared to some of the other fish sites that are more widely used, so I really thought a handful of moderators would/should be adequate. And honestly, right now I'm not comfortable bringing on any new Mods because the snark has been pretty widespread, including some members who have been around a while and I would have expected to know better.

Ultimately I would ask that if members can't respect each other, please try to respect the site. It is free, and quite a bit of time and money go into keeping it up and running. I don't ask anything from anyone...only that we behave like a community of people with a common interest in the hobby.

**Sorry for getting on my soapbox. This wasn't directed at you, Sunny, but to everyone who uses HFB.**

Oh, and just FYI, I did put an extra Mod on the Fish Market this morning.
        Our Fishhouse

Comment

Re: Mandatory acceptance of Fish Market Rules - Coming Soon

Didn't take it as directed at me Traci. All good. Good to hear an extra mod is on duty in the market.

Thank you for what you do!
          http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Oh, and just FYI, I did put an extra Mod on the Fish Market this morning. [/QUOTE]

Great there can be some really disrespectful kids
            Wc Canry Cheek, Lufubu

Comment

How am i suppose to agree. So i can look at the ads. I dont see any put to read and agree to the rules

Comment

Originally posted by rubiconrob View Post
                How am i suppose to agree. So i can look at the ads. I dont see any put to read and agree to the rules
                I just pulled up some adds and the agreement popped up.
                I think it's a good idea to keep the fish market moderated closely. I do think of this as a friendly place to socialize and discuss things we are all equally passionate about.
                Emerald Green Rainbowfish
                Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Originally posted by rubiconrob View Post
                  If you are on your cell phone, using the Lite style, you need to flip to PC Mode to accept the rules.
                  Our Fishhouse

Comment

Working...
                  X