looking for melenurus wrasse for red flatworms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for melenurus wrasse for red flatworms

I called around and so far have not found a melanurus wrasse to control my red flat worms.

I was steered to the yellow or green coris. I may go green. I read that the green coris (or yellow) eats fire worms also, an added bonus. I will get this guy in green if a mel... doesn't turn up at a shop in the morning.

Does anyone know who has Melenurus in stock for sale? I was also told that melenurus would also bother snails. Does anyone have experience with either of these fish for red flatworm control.

Another shop says target mandrin. I would hate to get one of these guys, since all most have to say about them is starvation to death. I have plenty pods, but they still don't seem as bulletproof as either wrasse, plus it is not noted that they eat fireworms.

Thanks all.
    39g Crypt/ anubias, wild shrimp and minnows.

55g Reef- first salt in many many years, coming along. Looking great, and stable. Garden mix of soft/lps corals. DIY refugeum

20g Reef- different than the first by design.

looking for melenurus wrasse for red flatworms

Call Dennis @ FJW (www.fjwaquarium.com), i saw a couple last Monday.

Comment

Thanks, but he's out. He is one that has the green or yellow coris.
      39g Crypt/ anubias, wild shrimp and minnows.

55g Reef- first salt in many many years, coming along. Looking great, and stable. Garden mix of soft/lps corals. DIY refugeum

20g Reef- different than the first by design.

Comment

you on marsh reef??

Comment

Hey bud I got one for you, same reason I bought him almost 2 years ago, he did amazing.
          34g Neo Nano Mixed Reef

And you guys thought I was done,I'm just getting started
          ~Macon Fish Look Easy~

Comment

wow looked it up, those are pretty

i too would suggest the mandarin, but get a target one, much better odds at eating the flatworms and overall survival

Comment

Working...
            X