20L Reef with a 20L Sump/Fuge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20L Reef with a 20L Sump/Fuge

Okay, after taking a 4 year leave from the hobby due to Ike and pregnancy, my 3 year old twin boys want Nemo. This of course was a difficult sell :)

My last set up was a 29L with JBL PC lights, power heads, a Fluval canister and crappy Red Sea skimmer and I hated it. However, it kept my tank going for 5+ years until Ike hit. I grew lots of SPS, LPS, RBTA, and a clam for like 2+ years.

I have 2 20L tanks that I am going to use. One will be my reef and I am turning the other one into a sump/fuge. My question is whether to use a skimmer. I know that eventually I will have a combo of SPS, LPS, BTA, a clam and a sea cucumber along with 3 - 4 fish, one of which must be Nemo in addition to a shrimp, starfish, and clean up crew. (There will by no Dori!) I am going to have a sand bed of 1 - 2 inches...can't decide. I am also going to use my PC lights for now and probably upgrade to LED's in the next year.

I am going to use a Eshopps overflow box with a Eshopps micron holder/bag, 2 hydor koralia pumps, and a mag drive return pump. The fuge will have some LR along with cheato and other plants. What are your thoughts an a skimmer?

That depends are you looking in sump or hob in sump I like precision marine I use a redline 100 myself reef octopus is real good as well imo don't know much about the hob skimmers tho

Comment

Working...
    X